fallen off the wagon

I have fallen off the mfp wagon and really really really need to get back on...what are some things that have helped you get back on track when you have fallen off corse???

Replies

• docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    forget yesterday and look forward. We all make mistakes it's what happens next that matters. Good luck
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    No one can do it for you. You need to make it a lifestyle choice and think before you reach for anything. Just say "How will this work into my daily goals and is there a better choice". There usually is but it's up to you to make it. Good luck.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,463 Member
    forget yesterday and look forward. We all make mistakes it's what happens next that matters. Good luck

Excellent words.
    Look at what made you succeed in the past, and implement those actions. Since Thanksgiving I've not done as well, and it is all a matter of willpower and overcoming circumstances. Good luck!! You can do it--We can do it!
  • I have fallen off the mfp wagon and really really really need to get back on...what are some things that have helped you get back on track when you have fallen off corse???

Step back on the scale. I regained 20 lbs of the 30 I lost earlier and only now have I got rid of the 20. logging food and exercise really helps keep me focused.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    I do get on the scale most days...I am up about 3 lbs. I know I just need to get back into tracking food, but it easier said than done! Heading the grocery store to get stocked up on my healthy foods for the week :)
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    I know how you feel. I'm at a similar point. There's just so much going on in my life that keeping tabs on my diet is not at the forefront of my mind. i know I'm slipping back into old habits but I don't really seem to care enough to do anything about it right now. I'm just generally down
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I have fallen off the mfp wagon and really really really need to get back on...what are some things that have helped you get back on track when you have fallen off corse???

standing in front of a full length mirror in my underwear....!
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Realize that you start again each time you have a meal or snack. Each time you are putting something healthy in your mouth instead of junk, each time you take the stairs instead of the elevator, you are making a conscious choice to live a healthy lifestyle. Look at it as stacking up the positive efforts and as your choices become healthy habits, the urge to "cheat" will get weaker, and your lapses will get fewer. None of us are perfect, and you will "fall off the wagon" from time to time, but just don't sit there on the ground and mope about it, get up, chase the wagon down, and hop back on! Good luck, we are on that wagon with you!
  • thank you i havelost 3 stone but regained 2 1/2 (35lb) felt such a failure but you have inspired me to keep trying
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member

standing in front of a full length mirror in my underwear....!

Works for me every time!!! :bigsmile:
  • I do get on the scale most days...I am up about 3 lbs. I know I just need to get back into tracking food, but it easier said than done! Heading the grocery store to get stocked up on my healthy foods for the week :)

Make a list, shop to that list, plan your meals using MFP. I already know everything that I will eat tomorrow. it becomes a non brain issue after a while.