TRX

Options
The gym I work at offers TRX fitness classes. I was thinking about registering for the class, but its one of the few fitness classes there you have to pay for (about 60 bucks for 3-4 months). I was wondering if TRX was worth the price and if anyone on MFP has done TRX & seen great results from it? Before & after pics if possible, would be great inspiration!

Replies

• FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I teach a TRX class at my gym, and I am loving them. They are totally versatile and can be adapted to most fitness levels. I have only been using them for less than a month so haven't really seen any specific results but my body feels stronger after working out with these bands. I would ask to audit a class and see how you like it. The only people I do not recommend it for is people with shoulder issues.

Have Fun :)
  • paleochora
    paleochora Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    TRX is a great class. You will get very good results especially legs, glutes, triceps and the abs are amazing. But....as with any fitness activity it can't do everything for you. I think its great as part of your workout programme. I would do it once or twice a week and then your other strength days do free weights.
    You can buy TRX online it comes with a great video that explains every exercise really carefully. Its not complicated so you could do it at home easily.
    I'm a Personal Trainer and I use it with my clients about once a week.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I love doing TRX! Especially doing the TRX squats on the Bosu Ball & One leg lunges with kettlebells. There are so many different types of exercises that you can do with the suspension training. I am definately alot stronger now that I do TRX once or twice a week!
  • TRX is a great class. You will get very good results especially legs, glutes, triceps and the abs are amazing. But....as with any fitness activity it can't do everything for you. I think its great as part of your workout programme. I would do it once or twice a week and then your other strength days do free weights.
    You can buy TRX online it comes with a great video that explains every exercise really carefully. Its not complicated so you could do it at home easily.
    I'm a Personal Trainer and I use it with my clients about once a week.

Thats what I was thinking! Just something different to switch it up once or twice a week. I think it will be really good for building my strength endurance - which is impt for me since I'm training for a triathalon.