Holiday motivation

Options
Hi, I'm Meaghan and I need some motivational ideas to keep going through the holiday's.
I've decided to just go with a maintenance plan for December so I don't get so down about all the treats at work, but I really don't want to gain any weight if possible so if anybody has any tips to keep up the motivation I'm game.

Thanks and enjoy the holidays!

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Eat your treats mindfully, make sure you aren't depriving yourself of moderate portions of your favorite things! Take the time to really enjoy them! Drink your daily 8 glasses of water, and focus on the seasonal delights that aren't food related, as much as possible. Workouts need to continue. Remember, you can work in reasonable foods, if you're active. IF you happen to overdo it on an occasion, put it behind you as soon as you can. Keep it an isolated incident. We're all in this together!
  • ldmc1982
    Options
    Find time to workout is #1.

Think before you eat the treat. Ask yourself when was the last time I had this ...last month! How long will it take me to burn those calories? If the answer is I haven't had that since last Christmas ... Then Get yourself a resonalbe serving, SIT DOWN, CLEAR ALL DISTRACTIONS, FOCUS ON YOUR TREAT AND THROUGHLY ENJOY !!! IT'S BEEN A YEAR! and don't worry about the calories, cause this only comes around once a year so ENJOY. The rest, think about the gym before you induldge, give in sometimes, but baby realize you are going to have to up the time and or intensity at the gym!

Merry Christmas to all :happy:
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Holidays are definately going to be tough!! The food is way to yummy!!!! I would suggest to not tell yourself NO to something you would really like. Most times, it's just that one wants a "taste" & once that "taste" is satisfied the desire to consume it all is gone. But if you know you really want something work to create a balance. Meaning if you want the holiday cookies, wash it down with a glass of water instead. Have only 1/2 of what you normally would have, and move away from the "goodies" to remove the temptation of eating more. Now to follow my own advice...lol!!