If every day were like today... You'd weigh

Options
What's the deal with this - and why does it change all the time? Driving me crazy a little....

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    LOL That's funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. The number changes because your consumed calories and your expended calories change daily. It's basically just saying that if you consumed and expended the EXACT same thing that day EVERY day for X amount of time (mine says 5 weeks), you'd weigh Xlbs.

Hope this helps.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's based on your net for that specific day ("if every day were like today"). So if your net was really low for that day the weight it shows "in five weeks" would be low. If you had a higher calorie day it will show a higher weight. hope that helps =)
  • bx0181
    bx0181 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    And thank goodness that every day is a new day. :)
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were just talking about that this morning. I just laugh it off especially seeing as 1 day I had 4 TBSP of Sugar free frosting and said I would weigh about 2.5lbs less on the days I ate more healthy now does that make sense?
  • going2befit
    Options
    To me it's always wrong so I don't even do the "Complete entry" thing anymore. The weight they expect me to be in 5 weeks I can reach in like 2 days.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    My sister and I were just talking about that this morning. I just laugh it off especially seeing as 1 day I had 4 TBSP of Sugar free frosting and said I would weigh about 2.5lbs less on the days I ate more healthy now does that make sense?
    Well yes, it does make sense. It's based on the total calories for the day, not one item you ate.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm losing weight faster than it predicts as well, which is fine by me. I look at it, but I don't pay it much attention.
  • reen24
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to it. There's a lot more that goes into weight loss than a simple formula.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's there for perspective, in a way that's meant to hopefully motivate you to continue - or discontinue - eating the way you did that day.

The changes - even the slightest - are there to prove to you how every calorie makes a difference. 5, 25, or 350 more or less calories can mean the difference between a few pounds.

If you happen to be eating the exact same about of calories each day and confused to find that number changing, you haven't taken into account how much water you drank, or even the amount of sodium or fiber that can also play a role in what you can potentially weigh.

Remember - that number accounts for your total weight loss/gain. It doesn't tell you if that's fat, muscle, or water weight, thus if you took in a greater amount of protein and less carbs than the day before, but still hit that daily calorie goal, the potential weight will still change.

Don't try to base your progress or plans on that number. You should focus on making sure you exercise and eat well everyday. That's the only way to guarantee success.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    It's calculated carefully by taking the sum of the lengths of your forearms, dividing by your BMR, multiplying the result times the mass of your left foot, and sprinkling the answer with unicorn dust.
    It's only moderately helpful, like weighing yourself everyday.
  • stevermoore
    stevermoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like this, it gives you an incentive to perform everyday so you can realise your goals.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    LOL That's funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. The number changes because your consumed calories and your expended calories change daily. It's basically just saying that if you consumed and expended the EXACT same thing that day EVERY day for X amount of time (mine says 5 weeks), you'd weigh Xlbs.

Hope this helps.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai

This ! ^^
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It's calculated carefully by taking the sum of the lengths of your forearms, dividing by your BMR, multiplying the result times the mass of your left foot, and sprinkling the answer with unicorn dust.

:laugh:
  • stacieroxursox
    Options
    I like it and I use it to set mini goals for myself. Every 5 weeks I put a new day in my calendar and what my projected weight loss by that day is. Usually I meet or exceed the goal. It helps me stay motivated .
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find it really amusing - especially if I've had a bad day and it tells me that I'll be 3 or 4kg heavier in 5 weeks! LOL

I'm mostly losing at a faster rate than it predicts anyway, but it's still interesting as a guide.

Just imagine if we were all disciplined enough to eat and exercise the EXACT same way every day for five weeks.... haha
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options

:laugh:

I love unicorn dust! lmao
  • thatlittlebit
    thatlittlebit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What's more amusing is that one day I burnt loads like tons and it said in 5 weeks I'd weight negative weight...
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    To me it's always wrong so I don't even do the "Complete entry" thing anymore. The weight they expect me to be in 5 weeks I can reach in like 2 days.

How!?! tell me your secret. Mine is always about 15lbs less than I currently am.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I like it and I use it to set mini goals for myself. Every 5 weeks I put a new day in my calendar and what my projected weight loss by that day is. Usually I meet or exceed the goal. It helps me stay motivated .

Like this. :)
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    it's very accurate for me - it predicted the weight I gained during the month I started eating more than my calorie limit.

For losing, it wasn't so accurate because I plateaued very frequently and for very long periods of time (months) so it would tell me I would be __ lbs less in a month and when the time came I was the exact same weight :P