Long hair she don't care

Options
So, I got a Biotin supplement from my local pharmacy two days ago to help my hair grow longer, faster, and healthier! One tablet supplies 333% of your daily Biotin reccomendation (about 3x!)! I'm excited and hoping this works, after many of you suggested I try it out. Thoughts? Anyone else out there see fast growing hair results after using it?

Replies

• AliviaNaomi
    Options
    I've never heard of this, but I do have MegaTek, which was originally made for pets, but it works and is safe of human hair, too. I haven't used it on my whole head, but I put it on around my hairline, and I've had hair growth of a few inches in a few months. Just hair from nowhere! Check it out on Amazon.
  • I've never heard of this, but I do have MegaTek, which was originally made for pets, but it works and is safe of human hair, too. I haven't used it on my whole head, but I put it on around my hairline, and I've had hair growth of a few inches in a few months. Just hair from nowhere! Check it out on Amazon.

Thanks for the tip! I def need to check that out. I'm hoping to have my hair about chest length by summertime :-) In July I cut off 11 inches to donate to Locks of Love, but after having long hair for so long, I kinda miss it and want it back! Haha, it was nice to be able to donate, though. I like helping others.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I take biotin to try n make my hair thicker. It's longer than I like but I haven't had it cut for awhile. In fact it's been bout a year. So I don't think it's done anything @ all to improve it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Check out a website called the Long Hair Community if you haven't already. Lots of info and advice for people with long hair and for people growing it out.
  • AliviaNaomi
    Options
    Mine was really long before I cut it, too. It was down to my waist in the back. Then I went on spring break in Florida and the humidity made me so frustrated with my hair, so within the hour of getting back home I cut like 6-7 inches off. I miss it terribly.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    What can I take to make my hair STOP growing? I like it short and hair cuts are expensive.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Check out a website called the Long Hair Community if you haven't already. Lots of info and advice for people with long hair and for people growing it out.

Thanks! I haven't come across it yet, but will be sure to check it out!!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    So, I got a Biotin supplement from my local pharmacy two days ago to help my hair grow longer, faster, and healthier! One tablet supplies 333% of your daily Biotin reccomendation (about 3x!)! I'm excited and hoping this works, after many of you suggested I try it out. Thoughts? Anyone else out there see fast growing hair results after using it?

Just for the record, don't bother trying to get the highest RDA possible in a vitamin, because any excess water-soluble vitamins (like Biotin) flush right through your body, so you're literally flushing money down the toilet by getting the types with a super high RDA percentage.