50 + MFP Pals

Options
Good afternoon, wondering if some of you wonderful 50+ people can share so thoughts. I think fabulous and fifty should be the goal.. I am new to this site and I have lots of work to do.. I like being 50+..Forty something was hard.. How do you feel about being 50+

Replies

• sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, wondering if some of you wonderful 50+ people can share so thoughts. I think fabulous and fifty should be the goal.. I am new to this site and I have lots of work to do.. I like being 50+..Forty something was hard.. How do you feel about being 50+
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hiya Sparkspal, I'm 54 and started trying to get fitter last August. So far I've lost 19 lbs and bunches of inches and I feel awesome. There are a number of us 50+ people on the 40+ thread, I think. You might want to check that one out as well.

Welcome to MFP and good luck with reaching your goals!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed my 40s but the 50s are starting to pick up. Fit and 50 can't be my goal though... I'm already 51! :laugh:
  • sparkyspal
    Options
    Wow!!! 95 pounds off.. You look terrific. You GO!!!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Yes there are many 50+ people on the 40+ Club. It's nice to meet you. I,m 54 years old and feel & act like a kid!
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hello my name is debbie and i was hopeing to find a 50's group i will be 56 in a few weeks and i feel like a much youger person myself my children keep asking me when am i going to were a moomoo like my mom and gram but they ended i think wearing them back then. so how hard has it been to stay on getting healthy i have for so long been 220 lbs and i have started everyprogram outthere and in my heart always want to get healthy but i don't last at this this time i want to truely i look like i am having a baby and will i love the gram part now.. i know i won't have those six pack we see but i would like it to be flat again.. nice to meet everyone peace from my family to yours debbie
  • sparkyspal
    Options
    Hi Debbie, My plan some day is to be a really terrific grandma. too..but hopefully not too soon.. My kids are of the age but this economy has them stalled. My experience 7 years ago which got me started toward health was at an amuzement park with my young nephews.. I was 326 lbs. I couldn't walk, keep up with any of my family, or keep from over heating.. I really hated myself. But instead of climbing in a hole, I got mad.. And took back my life..

I am never going to be a Barbie, but I am going to try to stay as healthy as I can be.. I try to eat healthy and I am realizing that what I ate that made me fat will no longer work for me. I have tried all the diets and I know that I have learned all the "nutrition stuff" that I could write the book.. It is just deciding to "walk the walk" and live and eat healthy..

It;s been a slow process both on revising my body and mind..But one thing that I can say..I love..love..love..being able to move again..and I never want to go back..

This site is a great motivator..

Best wished Debbie..

Pam