Looking for different kinds of tea to drink!

Options
I love pretty much all kinds of tea with the exception of green tea. I usually drink Earl Grey tea, which is black tea with some orange and floral notes. Other than that, just plain old black tea. I was hoping that I could get some suggestions from any tea drinkers out there for some new teas to try :) I'd also be open to things that aren't exactly made from tea leaves, like herbal teas or floral ones. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

ETA: I realize that I could just Google "different types of tea" but I want answers from real-live people that are trying to stay healthy like me :P

Replies

• B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I drink bigelow blueberry green tea a lot. Even if you dont like green tea, the blueberry overpowers the flavor and it is so good!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I drink bigelow blueberry green tea a lot. Even if you dont like green tea, the blueberry overpowers the flavor and it is so good!

Oooh, I do love blueberries :) I have a blueberry coffee you might like, it's called Wild Mountain Blueberry by Green Mountain roasters :)
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on chai tea, I have several different varieties at home. If you're just looking for tea bags, Stash or Tazo are my favorites, but if you want loose teas, Teavana has so many different choices
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im currently hooked on Vanilla Cinnamon black tea from Trader Joes.
    I also love almost all of the Tazo teas
  • grace1611
    Options
    raspberry tea is good
  • pootop
    pootop Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea :)
  • wicksteve
    Options
    Hi...... I'm new here (today, 12/04/11). My name is Wick, a nickname since birth. Right at the moment I am drinking Choice Organic Oolong Tea (hot). I drink all kinds of hot tea. Living in Florida , where it's quite hot at times, I've just started drinking Ice Tea, as well. I had read a while ago that Oolong was drunk by those looking to lose weight. When I tried it for the first time, I found it had a soothing, fresh flavor and it was perfect as an afternoon tea, so it has become a favorite of mine. I drink a great deal of Green Tea, also; however I found Salada to be very bitter , so I stick mainly to Bigelow, Stash, Tazo and Twinning Teas. For old- fashion Southern Iced Tea, I use Lipton tea bags as my husband's Southern five- generation family has used.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I Love Earl Gray and black tes but when I need a change I drink Chi.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal infusions. Mixed berry, blueberry, cranberry and pomegranate, mint and spice, vanilla rooibos, rooibos chai, and apple comprise my current herbal infusion stash. All tasty with no caffiene and stuff all calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You should try Constant Comment. It's black tea flavored with orange rind and spices. It's a nice change!
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Peppermint is really, really nice...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Yogi Egyptian Licorice teas. A lot of licorice teas are cloying and grassy,but this has other spices and is really well-balanced. Nice natural sweetness from the licorice too. It is great for digestion.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Good Earth sweet and spicy is my absolute favorite comes in caffeinated and decaf, doesn't require any sweeteners.
  • TrulyBlessed0521
    Options
    If you like green tea, matcha green tea (powdered green tea) mixed with almond milk and honey is delish (google the benefits of matcha green tea--simply amazing overall healthy beverage and mega antioxidant over bagged green tea)! :smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Also, Christmas is coming up. Your family members are probably looking for stocking stuffers for you. Tell them to get you an assortment!
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I bought a stash of Caramel Vanilla tea. Great if you need something sweet without the calories! Amazon is a great place to look for tea. I've had Apricot, mint, vanilla chi, caramel, vanilla, lemon, raspberry etc. i get my love of tea from my mom!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you are up for trying herbal teas, Chamomile isn't bad.
  • astul
    astul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like redbush tea - and have found a vanilla one which I have progressed to sticking 2 teabags in a cup and leave to brew for a good 10 mins for a stronger taste.It's got no caffeine in it so doesn't keep u awake!
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Lipton Chai, Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea, and my go-to tea nearly every day is orange pekoe, with a lemon wedge, and a packet of stevia.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Mate, Green tea with Jasmine, Cinnamon Camomile Apple, Peppermint, Nettle... there is soooo much variety ^^