Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

135 calories, what can I eat tonight?

Hi all

not sure with the time zones, but its about 630pm here. What can I have for my evening snack thats low in cals but tastes great :) Desperate housewives comes on tonight and I always end up binging!!! What do you all eat at night? ( I know - its probably better to eat nothing in the evening, but still)

Replies

• LIght popcorn, cucumbers with some lf dressing, grapes, brocolli with humus. OR go for a walk and add yourself some calories! :) Enjoy your night!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    4 clementines.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Yoplait yogurt... Boston Cream Pie Flavor, Non fat cottage cheese. Carrots, Celery with peanut butter or cream cheese. Applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon. Drink some hot chocolate.
  • DarleneIsAwesome
    DarleneIsAwesome Posts: 18 Member
    One of my most favorite lower calorie snacks that I find really delicious is peeled sliced Cucumbers with lime juice on them and chili powder with a little salt. Not sure where you are but it's best with a mexican chili powder called pico de gallo. Might be too much work to track down for tonight, but if you ever come across it. It's really good and savory.
  • mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    I will look for it at my grocery store! Thanks
  • mardihar
    mardihar Posts: 7 Member
    Evenings are the worst time for me, so I program in a couple of snacks. 4 oz of cinnamon Applesauce is 90 cal. A medium banana is 108. And of course, my favorite is a Jello no-fat chocolate pudding cup (100 cal). Yogurts are very satisfying and 80 cal. I think it's a great time for fruit. What do you like? Use it as your reward for sticking to your program that day or for doing your exercise. I set up my program at the beginning of the day. I immediately program in my two snacks (banana and chocolate pudding cup), and my breakfast which is always the same (I know it isn't supposed to be, but it's what I like). Then I think about what I'll have for dinner, and program that in, and whatever is left over is for lunch. Often that turns out to be a salad, or a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice dinner. If there aren't calories left over to have what I want for my meals, then I make sure I get my exercise in for the day, and earn another 100-200 calories. If you love your snacks like I do, let it be your motivator to get your exercise in.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Glass of chocolate milk is about 150 calories. The 15 extra won't make that much of a difference. :wink:
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    crisp apple and carrot slices_ I like the combo....air popped popcorn with salt and some spray butter- very filling and you can have a big bowl for 150 cal...maybe drink some tea with it...half a cup cottage cheese with some fruit (the protein keeps you satisfied)...carmel mini rice cakes
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    one serving of plain oat meal
    or you have some tuna and brown rice
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    celery, mushrooms, snap peas, grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, bell pepper spears, cucumbers - and NO DIP!!

There's just about no limit to how much you could eat. With 135 calories, you could eat that, continuously, for about an hour.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    I just enjoyed 1 scoop of Country Rich Vanilla Ice cream, it was only 120 calories, 15 carbs, 7 fat grams. I was low on my fat count for the day so I endulged a little, been sick and needed the extra bit of fat and carbs plus it soothed my sore throat.

3349142.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just had this problem.. and decided to have Special K red berries and milk for a snack. We like to eat dinner while watching Amazing Race.. so I needed something to keep me content until then!

Check out my diary if you want.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    veggies...and i second the light popcorn...a snack size bag of smart pop is 100 calories and satisfies my craving to munch in front of the TV
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Most likey, IMO, it doesn't matter what time you eat. I wouldn't worry about that :)

I love skinny cow ice cream too! You can get some ice cream bars for 100 calories and they are really good!
  • I usually eat a fruit if I am low in calories, but hungry. I also enjoy oyster crackers if I'm craving salt or something crunchy. Smoothies are also good at keeping me full and they taste great!
  • jaim30
    jaim30 Posts: 24 Member
    sugar snap peas with hummus or pretzels and hummus..or pretzels and laughing cow cheese wedge
  • MandaCakez
    MandaCakez Posts: 18 Member
    I LOVE popcorn so thats my "go to" snack or string cheese!
  • I like to make a pot of hot tea with skim milk and honey. The warm liquid makes me feel full, the sweet satisfies my craving, and it's only about 26 calories a glass!
  • I like to make a pot of hot tea with skim milk and honey. The warm liquid makes me feel full, the sweet satisfies my craving, and it's only about 26 calories a glass!