Weed/Marijuana/ Should be decriminalized and here is why

Options
It cost too much for starerts, and no, your kids wont get addict to it.

also, there has not been a single data showing that anyone in the world has died from MaryJ, ill say this part again bc it is important, "no one has ever died of smoking weed IN THE WORLD". I dare anyone against this to show me one data that show some one has died form smoking too much. and if you provide the Monkey research of the 1970's where they put on gas masks on monkies for 15 min a day, you are wrong bc it was shownd that they would lose brain cells from suffication and not enought oxygen given wearing the mask, vs actually somking the weed.

everything is connected, follow the money, if weed was legal, then everyone would be able to grow it and knowing of its medicinal cures, the Pharmacological companies would lose millions. here is a fun little fact, there are more prisons in american then any where else in the world. and they get this, THEY ARE Privatized. and guess who is the most population? Weed smokers.

i dont even do drugs, but i am infavor of this. what is the worst that could happen?

enhanced-buzz-6366-1322857355-91.jpg
enhanced-buzz-2841-1322857572-49.jpg

enhanced-buzz-10341-1322857594-17.jpg

enhanced-buzz-4854-1322857478-47.jpg

enhanced-buzz-27506-1322858190-37.jpg

enhanced-buzz-29096-1322857860-3.jpg

enhanced-buzz-4852-1322857636-34.jpg

35ei2o.jpg

Replies

• adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    A: Because it's hypocritical to allow alchol which is worse and not weed.
    B: Because even though I do not smoke it except for a few times, I don't want to meddle in the rights of others when what they are doing does not interfere with my rights.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this would be better in the Debate group.
  • furekurss
    Options
    Perhaps this would be better in the Debate group.

there is such a thing as a debate group here????
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    The worst that could happen is, as this is not a controlled drug - it kicks someone with an underlying mental disorder right into a psychosis and they from then on live an absurd life hallucinating and not finding a way out of the world they locked themselves into... all good mate, all good

Or hey, someone high on MaryJ gets into the car, as hey ho, no one ever died of smoking did they? So sureley that can't hurt anyway and never mind that seven year old girl that unfortunately was in front ot the car...

Now don't get me wrong, all fair enough, if you are a chronic pain patient, have as much of it as you need to get through the day. If your GP keeps checking on you regulalrly... by all means smoke pott till the steam comes out of your ears... but if you have no clue what you are putting into your body and how it could affect you... maybe keep away from it.
  • furekurss
    Options
    The worst that could happen is, as this is not a controlled drug - it kicks someone with an underlying mental disorder right into a psychosis and they from then on live an absurd life hallucinating and not finding a way out of the world they locked themselves into... all good mate, all good

Or hey, someone high on MaryJ gets into the car, as hey ho, no one ever died of smoking did they? So sureley that can't hurt anyway and never mind that seven year old girl that unfortunately was in front ot the car...

Now don't get me wrong, all fair enough, if you are a chronic pain patient, have as much of it as you need to get through the day. If your GP keeps checking on you regulalrly... by all means smoke pott till the steam comes out of your ears... but if you have no clue what you are putting into your body and how it could affect you... maybe keep away from it.

or someone drunk gets in a car, surely they cant hurt anyone
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    Doesn't getting high cause the munchies?

That's all we need in America... something to make people eat more. :P
  • furekurss
    Options
    Doesn't getting high cause the munchies?

That's all we need in America... something to make people eat more. :P

truth, but by the looks of it, alot of Americans already smoking

:tongue:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Make it legal and give all the illegals the job of cultivating it. Yep, everybody is a winner. The US could tax it like cigarettes and help our economy get back on track. I'd like the ONE percent to pay 100% tax on weed.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Weed doesn't make people fat. eating does its like saying we should get ride of pizza delivery to help with the fat problem.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    because if your going to do it your going to do it if it is legal or not xD
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Of course it should be decriminalized. Anyone with even moderate intelligence can see that it does no physical harm, has not and will never kill anyone (unless you smoke unimaginable amounts of it in a short period of time perhaps) and really, what's wrong with it? They let people get sloppy drunk and do God knows what afterwards (killing people because they chose to drive, embarrassing themselves, injuring themselves, etc, etc, etc) and yet a plant is still illegal for no reason (except for profit reasons. There's no way they can profit from a plant that anyone can grow and reproduce)

I've never done anything under the influence of marijuana besides smoke more, sleep, and eat some good food. Besides that, I see nothing wrong with it and I see nothing wrong with anyone who does it responsibly.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).
    b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.
    c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

Groups were created for more liberal topics.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.