New to MFP-want a support community

Hi fellow MFP travelers. I am a 58 year old female who is starting on the journey of getting healthy and fit. The past 10 years I have put my health and fitness on the "off" burner and now I have about 60 lbs. to lose and am desirous of making contact with others to build a support community. I know I can't do this alone. I live in a rural area, I'm single, I also own horses so any horse-lovers/riders out there please say hello!

Replies

• _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Welcome! I sent you a friend request.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. Lucky you on the horses I love horses then again I love all animals. I am single also.
    I think we all need support and motivations. Go ahead and add me if you like. Hope you have great success on your journey.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    All the best :)
    add me if you want.

I'm a good friend!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Welcome. I have been here about a week and found tons of support. I am sending you a request:smile:
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    I haven't ridden for a long time, but I'm a horse lover...actually, I love animals in general. :smile:

I'm always on the lookout for supportive friends. Feel free to add me!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Welcome ! Please feel free to add me if you wanna :)
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Glad you are here. You will love it! I read your info and you said your brother lost 50 pounds here. I am amazed at the number of men that use this site. I think it is great!

Add me if you like. We can all do this together. Just remember to enjoy the journey!
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Hi and welcome. Sent you a friend request so we can get this health thing done!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Horse lover saying hello, add me if you want!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Sent you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Welcome!! I sent you a friend request also :) This (like everything else) is what you make it, and many wonderful people can be found.
  • I am such a newbie at this networking. Can anyone tell me if they connect their MFP with their Facebook how that is working out? I am also interested in building community.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Hey there, I'm 53, understand the 'weight and being older' thing! Feel free to add me as a friend, and you've found the most amazing, supportive group of people on MFP to help you as you move forward!

-Terri
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Welcome to the group. I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!! Feel free to add me. if you'd like.....

12117749.png
  • Welcome. I've been on this site for 1 week. TONS of positive encouragement and support. The food and exercise diary is great.
  • Welcome. I've been on this site for 1 week. TONS of positive encouragement and support. The food and exercise diary is great.
  • Welcome to the journey! Add me if you like!
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Welcome to MFP fellow animal lover!!!! Being from the older community, i welcome having all support in my corner, and will always return it...I volunteer for my local animal shelter, and they keep me from being a couch potato....Dont know why i had to turn 56 b-4 i woke up to needing good health, but at least i did!!! Add me as a friend!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    welcome, this is a great place to be if you want support. add me if you like :)
  • Welcome...feel free to add me. I am with a great group of people!