the 30 day shred . I need info

Options
how do you know how many calories you burn from the workout .. does anyone know??

Replies

• StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 7th day and I read on someone's blog that they add circut training to their exercise tracker (which is about 237 calories) and she said it was close to what she believes she burns during each shred session.
  • sarahs440
    Options
    I logged it as circuit training, general.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I use a HRM and I burn between 250-275 on Level 2, which would line up fairly close to logging it as circuit training (I'm 10 days in, weigh 128 and am 31).
  • acemugga
    Options
    that's all geesh I thought it would have been more . seeing all the great results . I burn more calories a day doing my own workouts . .
  • eml48341
    eml48341 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On level 1 I usually burn about 230-250 and level 2 around 250-270 (I haven't reached level 3 yet). I am 5'5 and 160 lbs. When I didn't wear a HRM, I just logged it as circuit training general.

I also do extra cardio along with it (either the elliptical or running), so that gets me extra exercise calories. :smile:
  • sarahstolberg
    sarahstolberg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    While it may not burn a lot of calories upfront, it is helping to build muscle mass, which ups the amount of calories you burn around the clock.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I tend to burn around 200-250 (I wear a heartrate monitor while I do the workout). No it's not a huge amount of calories, but the real results come from the conditioning you're doing with the movements. :-)

ETA: I'm 5'4" and weigh just under 140 if that helps for comparison.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    On level 2 my bodybugg said 200, but I feel it was a bit more, because it does not measure accurately the floor/plank stuff where my arms aren't moving but I'm dying. I would say 200-250, and I weigh 158 BTW.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    While it may not burn a lot of calories upfront, it is helping to build muscle mass, which ups the amount of calories you burn around the clock.

Right!! Although it may not seem like a lot, you build muscle during the workout. As you increase lean body mass (aka muscle), you increase your BMR, aka you burn more calories. I too add cardio to my workout outside of the DVD. I am working on running 15 miles a week and I also started the Zumba 2 for Wii workout game (which is awesome!).