LOVE LOVE the MFP food diary!!!

Options
I just had to post and scream this out loud!!! I absolutely love this tool on this site second only to the support I have recieved here.

I love being able to log in my meals ahead of time to make sure I am staying within my calories, fat, carbs, etc. I have found how helpful this is to keep me on track. And if something changes throughout my day I can just hop back on and change it out quickly and easily. Also after I have completed out my diary for the day I have even had to go back and add in a last minute snack a few times, helps keep me accountable.

I have been here 25 days and it doesn't feel like a chore at all. This is usually about the time I start to lose steam but this time I feel different, I feel like I am picking up steam and moving forward. And once I figure out what is going on with my foot at my doc appt this tuesday I am hoping to just keep moving ahead!!

Replies

• 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    DITTO HERE!!!!

I am in a program that I must report to my sponsor each morning what my ACTION PLAN is for the day....THIS WORKS!

I adjust when necessary, but it keeps me FOCUSED for the day and for the first time in about 20 years it's melting off....YAHOO!

GREAT TOOL AND GREAT MFP FRIENDS SUPPORT:flowerforyou:
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I also agree, I have tried alot of things and I find myself most dedicated to this process. One of the best things about MFP is its free, I can't believe that with all he money I have spent trying to lose weight Im having more success doing it for free. I absolutely LOVE this site!!!!:happy:
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, the food diary is the best thing about this site and it's made losing weight a no brainer.
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    I also agree, I have tried alot of things and I find myself most dedicated to this process. One of the best things about MFP is its free, I can't believe that with all he money I have spent trying to lose weight Im having more success doing it for free. I absolutely LOVE this site!!!!:happy:

Amen!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I have been here 25 days and it doesn't feel like a chore at all. This is usually about the time I start to lose steam but this time I feel different, I feel like I am picking up steam and moving forward.

I found exactly the same thing - I'm the same as you, in terms of losing steam at about this point. No sign of that with MFP - it's full steam ahead!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I love it, too. It keeps me honest!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Best Tool Ever. Period.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree! I too LOVE this site..it is in my opinion, the best site ever! The people on here are fabulous and I have always gotten great advice..

Surrounding yourself with people in the similar situation has been key for me. Without this site and these people I would not be doing as great as I am today!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love it, too. It keeps me honest!

^^^that....
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow should be 90 days for me. I plan on printing all my reports out.
    I also love the fact that it changes the calorie goals based on weight loss. Dumb as it sounds, I wouldn't have thought to do that. (But then when I would diet, I wouldn't give myself so many calories in the first place, and would find I was hungry all the time...)
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It is the best. I love that it's free - cause I'm broke most of the time. Also, I love that since I started - I don't feel like I'm the only one in the world going through this. I know we hear it everyday, but sometimes you still feel alone. Not here! THANK YOU!!!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I agree best tool ever!! It keeps things simple and honest.

10879315.png
  • AmyinMD
    AmyinMD Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love this website. It is a God--send! It has made such a difference for me. And the time I would normally spend obsessing about what to eat/not eat is spent here instead. Now that is healthy!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone~ I am not a disciplined person, especially when it comes to diet and exercise. I'll go full guns for a few weeks, and then just figure it's too much like work, and give up.

NOT SO with MFP! I have been here since mid-August, I have lost a total of about 15 lbs (lost a few before I came here), and I still find myself motivated and WANTING to keep going with this!!!! The food diary and calorie/nutrition counter is exactly what I need to be accountable......and, for me, it's kind of a game. I like the challenge of being UNDER, I like knowing if I walk for a while, I can eat more, I like LOSING WEIGHT!!

I renewed my driver's license last week..........after having MADE the weight on it (and believe me, I did NOT weigh that when I got the previous license :) I put my new goal weight on the renewed license (and the pics between last time and this time? well, I HAVE lost weight!!!)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I feel the same way! I love it!
  • mardihar
    mardihar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm really amazed at how comprehensive the database is! We have a Wegman's supermarket here, and they have certain store-brand items. I was astonished to find Wegmans mini raisin bran muffins (which I love) in the database. Then we went to IKEA this week, and had dinner in their little restaurant, and again, all the IKEA dishes were in the database. It gives me so much confidence that my food diary is an accurate reflection of what I'm actually eating. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the barcode scanner -- it saves SO much time!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes, this site is amazing! :)
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Me too! On Thanksgiving, I preprogrammed what I would eat onto MFP with my Android. Then, when I sat down at the table, I ate only that. Due to a health syndrome I have, my doctor told me to keep a diary of everything I eat. I was having a hard time doing that, until I found MFP! :)
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Best site, the developers deserve the Nobel peace prize for saving lives.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I feel the same exact way! Great way to plan ahead too! :)