my plan, to start

Options
Hey, I don't usually post, but i thought I would give it a try.

After a few weeks back here lurking, tracking and researching, I finally feel ready to get on track for real.

This is the physical part of my plan, the food and fitness part. (copied and pasted from my mfp blog)

-Start off with 1500 calories and tweak as needed based on results.

-Focus on getting my protein and fruits/veg in. This will trick me into having high quality calories vs. junk calories, because I have to try really hard to get the protein since I don't eat meat. Better to have it planned out so I don't end up at the end of the day still needing 50 grams of protein.

-Pre-log daily food. I've read that that works for a lot of you and I can see how it would help me too, especially in hitting the macros.

-Drink my water. If I am not 'on track' and actively trying to get water into me, I will literally go a week without having even a glass of it. I know, I'm a camel. Just drinking enough water always has a hugely positive effect on me.

-Weights 3x a week. Starting with a Jari Love video to do some weights without having to think too much about what to do. As I feel stronger, replace with Starting Strength.

-Cardio and yoga to taste. I don't want to start off with a crazy over-the-top schedule that I won't be able to maintain in the long run. The more I start to feel results, the more excited I will get about taking care of myself and I will add these in a measured and healthy way, not an omg-i-want-to-lose-all-this-weight-right-now kind of way.

-Weekly measurements and photos. This will motivate me and help to see results when the scale isn't showing them.

I am working out what I will do for my mental plan, and will post that as I have it.

Going shopping tonight and excited to get back to taking care of myself!

melissa@yummygoods

Replies

• wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Sounds like an excellent plan.

Good luck to you!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree. This sounds like a great plan! I know when I first started trying to lose weight, I got a little overwhelmed. 1500 calories is a lot easier than 1200.

Good luck, and let us know if you need help staying on track!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan, stay with it and you will kick it.
  • yummygoods
    yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just got home from grocery shopping and prepping some veggies for the week. So nice to return to some lovely encouragement! Thanks, you guys!
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great plan! Good luck and enjoy the journey
  • jenc555
    jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey, I use jari love too. Sweet outfits.
    I have found another DVD that is good bc it's short (30) and really intense. It's Jackie Warner and it's a circuit DVD, focusing on weights....good luck Melissa

I am impressed that you are so out about Mfp. I get shy.....