mio liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    and propionaldehyde (a highly toxic substance)
    Source? I've looked, and everything I'm reading shows no information or evidence of toxicity in humans.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I'm still not taking antifreeze ... regardless of what an article says.
    Use in antifreeeze is just one use for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol#Applications

People screaming "It contains antifreeze" is just silly scaremongering. Every single processed food contains things that are used for non-food purposes (and when I say processed; I mean anything that is sold in a bottle, carton, jar or packet).

Common table salt (sodium chloride) contains sodium (a metal) and chloride (an ion of chlorine - a highly toxic chemical usually found in gaseous state).

Pure sodium also reacts very strongly when exposed to water.
    And chlorine is so toxic, chlorine gas was the first gas used in chemical warfare during the first world war. So anybody that is afraid of Mio containing Propyleneglycol (an ingredient in antifreeze) better stay away from salt because it is made from a metal that explodes in water and a gas that will kill you. :tongue:
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think drinking flavored waters is a bad thing if it gets your daily need in, my problem is I don't like Mio. The sweet tea was disgusting. If we spent everyday avoiding the things bad for us, we'd be stuck at home living in a bubble :smile:

That is true!!!! Everything is harmful now a days! and almost everything can cause cancer now!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I always drink my water plain.... The only thing I ever change is the bottle I drunk it out of..... Flavored water is Kool-Aid.... Which is as bad as pop to me.... But that's just me...
  • tigersword
    Options
    PROPYLENE GLYCOL IS NOT ANTIFREEZE. It's one component used in some antifreezes. Know what else is used in those antifreezes? WATER. So if you want to continue to spread misinformation that propylene glycol is bad because it's in antifreeze, then you have to also tell everyone how bad water is, as it's also in the same antifreeze.

It's called critical thinking.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I just don't believe in spreading scaremongering - "OMG, this contains antifreeze".

There are 118 known chemical elements on the periodic table of elements. Every single thing on the planet is made up of some of these elements. Of course something we eat is also going to be found in a harmful chemical, it's elementary science.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I doubt it contains anything "highly toxic", otherwise they wouldn't exactly be able to sell it, would they?
    There must be a class action lawsuit against the makers of Mio by now.

No? :huh:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I doubt it contains anything "highly toxic", otherwise they wouldn't exactly be able to sell it, would they?
    There must be a class action lawsuit against the makers of Mio by now.

No? :huh:

Nope.
  • tigersword
    Options
    Also, if you're afraid of dangerous chemicals in the things you consume, avoid water. Water contains hydrogen, which is very explosive and flammable, and pure oxygen, which can also be extremely flammable.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just add fresh lemon,lime or even orange slices to your water it's much healthier.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have been using Crystal Light Pure Fitness for the last year and a half... It has no preservatives or artificial flavors and is made with sugar and truvia... Only 30 calories a packet, I use this in my water when I go up to the Gym. They have several flavors, I prefer tropical blend myself....
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I use Crystal Light Pure. No artificial sweetners. It uses Truvia instead. Plus, I think regular Crystal Light tastes like poo in comparison. :-)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    ^^^
  • tigersword
    Options
    According to his profile he's 57. Based on his posts I would've guessed about 13. Fascinating. And really kind of sad.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Back on topic:

If your pee is a light yellow and is almost clear, you are drinking enough water, regardless of how you got it.

If your pee is dark yellow, you might want to try just plain water.

Personally, I don't like Mio because it is too sweet and tastes a little like cough syrup. I'm not sure, but I think it also contains citric acid, which isn't bad, but I can't have too much acid in my diet due to some specific issues that I have. It is safe for general consumption though. That's just why I don't add anything to my water.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    OP, I haven't tried Mio, but the point of water is to hydrate us. Adding a small quantity of flavour to water will still accomplish the same result.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Mio flavorings, and they were OK, but not great. I use the powdered dink mixes regularly. I like the Ocean Spray mix-ins for a couple of reasons:

1) They're tasty.
    2) They're powdered, which means no hassles from the TSA drones at the airport.

I've found that if I take a water bottle and some mix-ins when I travel (which I do a far bit for work), I stay better hydrated, and drink less booze at the airport bars. Both of those are good things and IMO outweigh any drawbacks of adding stuff to my water. YOU try drinking the water at MCO or ORD sometime -- you'll want something in it, too.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're afraid of dangerous chemicals in the things you consume, avoid water. Water contains hydrogen, which is very explosive and flammable, and pure oxygen, which can also be extremely flammable.

..don't forget, water is also the universal solvent. You can drown in it too.

I love my brain.
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ====original post blocked by moderator-arewethere====
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    and that female who made a comment...i think her name was baby cakes...i bet your Mom is real proud of you putting those half naked pics on your profile...heck if i looked as good as you , i probably would have too...probably took a lot of hard work.....maybe your mom would be proud of you..

Are you kidding me right now!?