Tofu

Options
I love to bake tofu in the oven and toss it with oven roasted vegetables for a quick meal. The tofu seems to take so long to cook in the oven. I cube it and put a little olive oil on it but it takes about 20 or so minutes. Does anyone have any wisdom on cooking tofu or tofu inspired recipes?

Replies

• emleeo
    emleeo Posts: 10
    Options
    I love it in a stir fry, but marinated in spices etc first, or fried crispy for a warm salad, and tonight i had tofu cannelloni which works really well, essentially i just typed each of those things into google to find recipies and merged a few together as i tend to just use whatever i have in the fridge. Not much help, but hope you enjoy your tofu! (and on the cooking time...im not sure it always takes me ages aswell unless i fry, even then it takes a while) :)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I have never had Tofu and would love to try it...So I will be watching this to see if anyone has any good starter recipes.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    To help it cook faster you should drain it between some paper towels because it has a lot of water in it.

I usually sautee it with some crushed garlic, soy sauce and lemon juice or hoisin sauce.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    UUGGgghhHH!

Tofu is a subtle reminder that Satan is alive and well.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    UUGGgghhHH!

Tofu is a subtle reminder that Satan is alive and well.

Well just give your quote to me and I will eat it for you. I think it's good stuff.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Tofu fried in Szechuan oil makes a yummy sandwich or side. I used to buy the big blocks of it when I was vegetarian. Forget that pre-crumbled browned stuff, though, that's nasty.