Special Challenge for Babies loss to miscarriage and Born sl

Options
Would Like to set up a lil Challenge on a very Special Day For Me.. Would like to do a dual Calorie
burn day, so this meaning I will try and double My calorie burn this day which should put me at almost
a 4000 calorie burn.. All this for My Angel "Carolina Faith".. and all the other Angel Babies in Heaven!!!

Here is a lil of my story, feel free to share yours if you have one or would just like to share...

On on November 30 I started spotting and the Dr.' s put me in for and ultrasound and said the baby
looked fine and my HCG levels were good and was reassuring me that I just had a UTI((Urinary track
infection)) So I went home and was at ease after hearing my lil Babies heartbeat and knowing she was
okay.. I was just a bit shy of 16 weeks!!! The following week on the morning of the 6th i begin spotting
again and family rushed me back up to the Dr. Well they did blood work and said my HCG levels had
dropped really low and that my Baby was dying inside me... My heart was Breaking and I felt so helpless
and noone could help me.. I demanded an Ultrasound just to make sure and yes my lil angel's heartbeat
was gone.. Was So upset I just did not even want to move or take my eye of the monitor.. Here is a picture of My lil Angel "Carolina Faith" 11weeks5days.jpg

Well Thw Dr. Came to me and told me I could go ahead and Have the D & C or just take some meds and go home and
Let me miscarry there, and I was to collect the membranes for testing for them.. so being who I am I chose home so I could be with My Other 2 small children I had at home.. Well after about 5 hhrs of the Meds it was happening, I went and Miscarried her in my Bathroom here at home..((Sorry if to much info)) Was not exspecting to see a real baby baby or I would of probably just done it at the office but now I am glad I did.. I will never forget those tiny lil toes, fingers and her itsy bitsy Nose.. She was Beautiful To me.. Many Dream of Angels But I got to hold a Real one in the Palm of my hand.. I know she is in heaven and is being Sung lullabies by so many..

Me and My Family had a Memorial For her and planted her a Tree in her memory, so we can watch
it grow like she would have... Here is a picture of her lil Memorial 1323023930288.jpg

I also have a Very Special Song for Me and her I would also Like to share with you all to,If you like to take a listen..
I Listen to it every night as I lay there and wish she was here with me but I know She was so precious the Lord
took her straight to heaven.. She will never know heartache or pain!!! http://youtu.be/X_izw6Vbz-0

I know that she is My very own lil Guardian Angel and she has been my extra push thru my weightloss Journey of losing 156lbs, so in honor of My Beautiful Angel "Carolina Faith" I would Like to Set this lil Challenge for all Those Beautiful Angel Babies in Heaven.. Feel free to join me if you Like...

Thanks for hearing a lil of my story and look forward to hearing any of yours if you would like to share...

~Rachel~
bf.jpg

Replies

• jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story Rachel. My heart goes out to you and I can sympathize on a very personal level. I didn't see any of my babies, but I have miscarried four times. Three of them landed me in the hospital for excessive bleeding, one of those I was about 16 weeks along as well. I have managed to have one perfect little boy, however, and we regularly refer to him as our Miracle Baby, or Soldier Baby. :) Losing a child is the hardest thing a woman can go through, and I have spent hours questioning myself and pleading for answers. Unfortunately we don't usually get them, and thats just the way it is. I've learned to just accept that I am right where I am supposed to be at all times, and trust in my path. I'll join you for your challenge, but I'm sick right now so I've been away from the gym until this nasty bug clears up. When thats through I will gladly let you know. :)
  • rotorgrl
    rotorgrl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :sad: I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing can make up for a the loss of a child. But I wanted to say you are a strong woman, you my inspiration and I tell everyone about your hard work. Have a blessed day and I will be attempting the challenge, i don't think I'll be able to knock out double calories but I'll give it a try.
    Melanie
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Made me hug my babies a little tighter tonight. My mom lost 5 babies before I was born. Her pain was always there. Hugs to you and your family!!:cry:
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel

After having my twin daughters and already having a nearly 3 yr old daughter my husband and I decided that we were done having kids (he has two older sons from another relationship so he was sure he was done!) so he had a vasectomy, when the twins were 4 months old and 1 month after my husbands op, I found out I was pregnant, I was devastated, we weren't in a financial or emotional position to be parents again.
    Both of my pregancies had been easy, the odd bit of morning sickness and discomfort with the twins of course but nothing major and getting pregnant was never a problem clearly! So I guess I took the whole thing for granted.
    Everything was going along fine and by 4 months I still hadn't told anyone apart from the closest family that I was pregnant again (I was embarrased) But I was getting excited about this new life, I'd had an early scan to check that it was just one! and everything was good, had regular checks with my midwife but I noticed a gland on the back of my head had popped up and was sore, I felt a bit off, nothing I could put my finger on but I went to the dr and was told not to worry, a couple of weeks later the gland was still up and I still didn't feel right, I went back to the dr (saw a different dr this time) he had me tested for glandular fever, it came back clear.
    At 20 weeks on February 11th 2001 about midnight I woke up with a cramp, I went to the toilet as I thought I had an upset stomach, nope nothing, I went and layed on the couch but the pain got worse, I suddenly knew something was very wrong, I got up and headed for our bedroom to wake my husband to say I needed to go to the hospital (which was right over the road from us) as I got to the door I felt it, a rush of fluid, looking down I saw blood, I screamed for my husband who came racing out I headed for the toilet, just an instinct thing I guess, he was on the phone to the ambulance when the baby was born I looked down and there it was a perfect little baby, I didn't know what to do, did I grab it and cut the cord, try CPR, what do I do?! I was hysterical, but this little angel was sleeping peacefully. The rest was a blur the ambulance arrived, they wrapped the baby still attached to me in a towel and placed it on my belly as I lay on the guerny, I don't remember much of the trip to hospital or the ER except nurses clucking around me with their sympathetic voices and the ache I felt in my soul.
    I was taken to the maternity ward, where the baby was finally seperated from me, I was given drugs to induce the placenta, I was weak from bloodloss and the delivery took ages.
    A few hours later a nurse bought my baby back, in a tiny little dress that looked like a barbie gown, it was a boy. My heart broke and I cried for hours.
    I could hear newborns crying around me which only made it worse. My mother got a gift box for me to place him in to take home for burial, I had been given a little teddy with it's a boy on it as part of the grief pack but I couldn't stand to look at it and placed it in the box with him.
    When they let me leave that night I was glad to get out of there, and I went home to my babies who still needed me, that I was grateful for, I can not imagine the pain of going home to an empty house. We had a little family ceremony at my family home and planted a tree (which later died and was replaced with an angel statue). I didn't realise how badly I wanted this little boy in my life or indeed how precious the gift of life was until it was gone.
    I was told later by an american DR that I had contracted Toxoplasmosis "I can't tell you anything about that we don't get that in the states" was his only comment. I just couldn't understand I hadn't done anything differently to my other pregnancies, it took a long time for the grief to ease, to think about him without tears and to understand the higher purpose of his short life.
    I regret not placing a notice in the paper to acknowledge his life and I regret not having photos of him but Archie Quinn did exist and lives on, he taught me many things and for that I am eternally thankful.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    *hugs to all you ladies* I couldn't imagine how hard that would be....

To the previous poster: The american dr that told you that is a liar. I've heard of plenty of cases of toxoplasmosis in the states. That's why they tell you not to clean litter boxes, because cats are a carrier. So sorry about your loss. *hugs*
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bonnt, I figured he just couldn't really be bothered dealing with me, funny thing was we didn't even have cats and I had more contact with cats in my previous two pregnancies.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, I am so sad for your loss. God bless you and that angel baby too! I just put our Christmas tree up and I have an angel baby ornament for the baby I miscarried several years ago. Those little ones will NEVER be forgotten
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss.

I have never miscarried, and I can only imagine the pain you go through.

I have a son (nearly age 4) with multiple medical issues and a prognosis of a shortened lifespan, and I will be participating in this challenge in honor of him. I will be NOWHERE near your burn, but I pledge to double the workout (or more than double) I did last Tuesday.

Thinking of you,
    Jackie