Howdy from Texas

missfuntracy
missfuntracy Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey y'all! My name is Tracy and I stumbled across this website this week. I've tried every diet out there and have always gained it back. I'm a fan of The Biggest Loser and even thought it's turned into a corny marketing show, I'm continuously inspired and usually cry at each episode. I was hospitalized in July 2003 for Guillain-Barre Syndrome and over the 4 month hospital stay I lost 30 pounds and all muscle disappeared. I have yet to rebuild much muscle and have gained all the weight back plus more. I'm the queen of excuses, but i'm ready to relinquish that crown and JUST DO IT! I'm ready to have a baby, but really want to get in shape first, so here I am. So far, I like what I'm seeing and I'm excited to make positve lifestyle changes with you all! :)

"Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not." -Thomas Huxley

Replies

• Hey y'all! My name is Tracy and I stumbled across this website this week. I've tried every diet out there and have always gained it back. I'm a fan of The Biggest Loser and even thought it's turned into a corny marketing show, I'm continuously inspired and usually cry at each episode. I was hospitalized in July 2003 for Guillain-Barre Syndrome and over the 4 month hospital stay I lost 30 pounds and all muscle disappeared. I have yet to rebuild much muscle and have gained all the weight back plus more. I'm the queen of excuses, but i'm ready to relinquish that crown and JUST DO IT! I'm ready to have a baby, but really want to get in shape first, so here I am. So far, I like what I'm seeing and I'm excited to make positve lifestyle changes with you all! :)

"Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not." -Thomas Huxley
  • Nice to meet you! I've found this site extremely helpful! I was very surprised by how much I was actually eating once I started using the food diary. It has really helped to change the way I eat and the way my family eats as well. Welcome!
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou:

You will find a wealth of information and advice here on MFP!! There are many, many threads (past and present) that can answer just about any question you may have!! Good Luck with your journey...as someone that never really struggled with weight, I feel 250% better now that I fuel my body with better quality food choices and building lean muscle mass. Similiar to you, it was just time that "I had to do it" - lol

Take one day at a time, and just try and make each day a bit better than the last - it is difficult to change all old habits overnight!!! I ate 2 pkgs of poptarts a day for the past 5 years and it took me only about 2 weeks to wean myself off of them, but, I only could do it when my mental dedication matched my physical dedication.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Welcome, fellow Texan! I think you'll like it here. I've learned so much from this site. I never thought when I started back in January, that it would be so easy (well, most of the time!) to lose weight and get healthy! Here I am a couple of months later, almost halfway to my goal! I exercise almost every day, something I've NEVER done my entire life. I feel sooooooo much better about myself.

So, take it day by day and enjoy the little successes along the way. You can do it!!! Oh, btw, what part of Texas are you from?
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Welcome to this site I am finding it very helpful in my weight loss journey and hope that it is a help to you as well.
    I will admit I am the same I usually cry while watching the biggest loser, i love the stories and watching while people overcome their struggles to a healthier them. But I know that it is not realistic to lose like they do we have to take it slow and steady and we will get there. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • deanag44
    deanag44 Posts: 1
    Hello Texas,

I am also new here and like you have tried every diet known to mankind. On each new diet I tried and lost weight only to find myself looking for another diet . I know first hand where you are coming from. I too watch " Biggest Losser" I even have the cookbooks and workouts. I am determined to change my life style and look forward to getting to know all of you. By the way I live in Louisiana, I was raised in Houston the 1960 area. Anyway Good wishes to you all. We can do this.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.