mio liquid water enhancer

Options

Replies

• tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ====original post blocked by moderator-arewethere====

Um...why was my post blocked? There's a lot worse on here? I didn't use any curse words?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    i guess i get real bored and make those strange comments.....could be the drugs im on (Lantus)..or could be something else...I appreciate whoever called me a "little man"...i wish....

and one last thing and ill stop....i just get carried away...i think it was from my job before i retired..I was a cop and I always was a smart *kitten* and had to be right all the time...you had to be right if you worked the kind of areas I worked...I think it has just followed me into retirement....

some of my friends (i only have two and one of those is a dog) tell me im a bit harsh...i always have to be right.....

i dont think that is a bad thing but it does get old huh....

I will try to be a better guy and not make such foul comments...like all our Grandmothers have told us, if you cant say something nice about someone, dont say anything..

maybe one day i will learn because if i dont i will die a mean old angry retired cop....

probably the only person that will come to my funeral will be that one friend...i sure hope he brings my dog with him....

so if i say anything else that might be construed as rude, please dont take it serious...im probably hittin the bacon grease pipe or something low carb ..

++++edited++++
    enough huh...
    i bet ive learned my lesson on here today...dang if i will make a stupid comment like i did ever again...thanks all...

Actually you called Thomas198 an angry little man, and someone quoted you.

Please keep your comments civil.

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i'm trying to get more water in but just don't like plain water unless it's during a workout. i've been using these mio water enhancers and they're very yummy. my question is this: is water with this stuff in it just as good for me as drinking plain water?

I tried it, and got terrible migraines. I prefer to use lemon or lime wedges/juice in my water for a much brighter taste.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Um...why was my post blocked? There's a lot worse on here? I didn't use any curse words?

MFP Moderator.

I deleted the comment you quoted, therefore your comment made no sense. Rather than delete the entire post, I posted this.

Thank You
  • tnic86
    Options

MFP Moderator.

I deleted the comment you quoted, therefore your comment made no sense. Rather than delete the entire post, I posted this.

Thank You

Gotcha! :D Makes sense now! :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I moderated this thread instead of locking it because most people are giving good advice, or debating in a civil way the merits of drinking water vs adding a flavor.

The when I deleted the posts that went against the guidelines, the reast of the posts made no sense! :happy: Therefore, I deleted all posts quoting the post.:flowerforyou:

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • arewethereyet
    Options

MFP Moderator.

Thank You

I even blocked the YET in my screen name. :tongue:
    Arewethereyet!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think drinking flavored waters is a bad thing if it gets your daily need in, my problem is I don't like Mio. The sweet tea was disgusting. If we spent everyday avoiding the things bad for us, we'd be stuck at home living in a bubble :smile:

And even then, the plastic from the bubble would probably be putting off volatile organic compounds! :laugh:

However, I did find the following:

"According to the Merck Veterinary Manual, "Ketosis is a common disease of adult cattle." And according to this manual, one of the treatments for this condition is propylene glycol. The cow is injected twice per day with propylene glycol until it gets fat again. This stops the cow from losing fat and keeps them nice and plump. The cow can then be sold and butchered so a beautiful, fatty rib eye steak can be enjoyed."

http://cltampa.com/dailyloaf/archives/2010/09/20/is-propylene-glycol-in-food-making-us-fat

I do not know how accurate this source is, but why take the chance? I'm going to start scrutinizing ingredient lists more carefully from now on.
  • tnic86
    Options

MFP Moderator.

Thank You

I even blocked the YET in my screen name. :tongue:
    Arewethereyet!

HAHAHA!! :D

Anyway...back to the OP. I used to drink my water with Mio in it, to change things up a bit. I really liked it, but now I just drink plain water since I actually crave it now. Saves me quite a bit of money, too. Mio can be a little pricey. :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!! It contains Propylene glycol which is antifreeze!

It's also one of the main ingredients in aircraft deicing fluid. :D
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    PROPYLENE GLYCOL IS NOT ANTIFREEZE. It's one component used in some antifreezes. Know what else is used in those antifreezes? WATER. So if you want to continue to spread misinformation that propylene glycol is bad because it's in antifreeze, then you have to also tell everyone how bad water is, as it's also in the same antifreeze.

Actually my dear, propylene glycol is an antifreeze. I have worked for a major airline for the past 15 years and have been heavily involved in our Winterization program for 10 of those years. Propylene glycol is the main ingredient in one of our deicing fluids.

There's a reason PG is the main ingredient used to de/anti-ice our aircraft, and it's not the water %. Cheers!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    look at the ingredients ...it has ANTIFREEZE in it!

enough said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol#Safety

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[11] and propionaldehyde (a highly toxic substance)

Just because something is safe for consumption doesn't mean you should consume it.

I guess all the RV owners out there are going to die because of this. Oh it is used in a whole bunch of food processing equipment that needs to be winterized. It is a food grade antifreeze.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    just use fresh lemon and stevia . Huge difference.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're afraid of dangerous chemicals in the things you consume, avoid water. Water contains hydrogen, which is very explosive and flammable, and pure oxygen, which can also be extremely flammable.

I think I'm in love with you.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:

By the way, any of you OMG PROPYLENE GLYCOL IS SO EVIL AND TERRIBLE type of people have contact lenses? You might wanna check what's in your contact lens solution, most of them contain propylene glycol. Same with most deodorants, hope you guys aren't using those... I could probably go on, but I think that's plenty for now.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ive been using MIO quite often. I've reduced my diet cola intake from 2-3 cans a day to mabye 1 can every two days. And have been upping my water intake tremendously.
  • cbushing
    cbushing Posts: 2
    Options
    Propylene Glycol is not toxic and you probably have a mix up between propylene glycol and ethylene glycol, yes propylene glycol is in antifreeze along with several other products such as NONTOXIC antifreeze and deoderants to things such as massage oils it is a very simple chemical compound and people are just uneducated on the topic and always need to find a reason to scare others.
  • cbushing
    cbushing Posts: 2
    Options
    by the way I have been using the new mio energy instead of monster energy drinks for about a month now and I cannot believe the difference in how I feel after this versus my jolts and crashes from monster energy
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MIO :love: AND DRINK IT ALL THE TIME! SO FAR I HAVE NOT DIED YET! :drinker:
  • AmberXenon
    AmberXenon Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I really like Mio, it's helped me up my water intake significantly. The orange tangerine flavor tastes almost exactly like Tang.