If every day were like today... You'd weigh

Options
13»

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    That's my FAVE feature. It keeps you in check!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    It's calculated carefully by taking the sum of the lengths of your forearms, dividing by your BMR, multiplying the result times the mass of your left foot, and sprinkling the answer with unicorn dust.
    It's only moderately helpful, like weighing yourself everyday.

Loved this one!!!!!! needed a good chuckle today, Thanks for making me feel soooo much better!!!
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It's calculated carefully by taking the sum of the lengths of your forearms, dividing by your BMR, multiplying the result times the mass of your left foot, and sprinkling the answer with unicorn dust.
    It's only moderately helpful, like weighing yourself everyday.

I knew they were up to something!!!:laugh:
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You got that right!!!

-terri
    And thank goodness that every day is a new day. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what it said I would weigh 5 weeks ago. Then I could get a better perspective.

Go back to that day in your diary and click "complete" and you'll know. Easy!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like it just because it's a little motivator. i don't trust it, but i like it.
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's there for perspective, in a way that's meant to hopefully motivate you to continue - or discontinue - eating the way you did that day.

The changes - even the slightest - are there to prove to you how every calorie makes a difference. 5, 25, or 350 more or less calories can mean the difference between a few pounds.

If you happen to be eating the exact same about of calories each day and confused to find that number changing, you haven't taken into account how much water you drank, or even the amount of sodium or fiber that can also play a role in what you can potentially weigh.

Remember - that number accounts for your total weight loss/gain. It doesn't tell you if that's fat, muscle, or water weight, thus if you took in a greater amount of protein and less carbs than the day before, but still hit that daily calorie goal, the potential weight will still change.

Don't try to base your progress or plans on that number. You should focus on making sure you exercise and eat well everyday. That's the only way to guarantee success.
    Well Said
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    How funny- mine always makes this prediction and I wish I could respond to it- he genius it has been that many weeks and most days are pretty much like today and still not there. Is your calculator broken or what!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    you would have to eat this EXACT same way everyday for it to be accurate... since I do, mine is pretty accurate
  • Charlottejogs
    Options
    Wouldn't it be easy if our bodies were so mechanical! It just is not the case- metabolism, muscle versus fat, inches versus pounds...just isn't such an easy formula.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    you would have to eat this EXACT same way everyday for it to be accurate... since I do, mine is pretty accurate

This ^ For everyone who complains that it isn't accurate. It is just an estimate of what your progress WOULD be if you ate the exact calorie/macros intake for the next 5 weeks as you had that day. Obviously most of us don't do that. It's just a guide.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If every day were like the last for 5 weeks...I'd have offed myself due to the prolonged monotony.

I don't like playing the 'if I woulda/shoulda/coulda' game.

If the queen had balls she'd be the king.
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    I would like to know what it said I would weigh 5 weeks ago. Then I could get a better perspective.

I copy and paste mine each day into my notes at the bottom of that day. It gives me a reference to look back on.
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find this feature to be really motivating right now. It's a little bit like having someone cheering me on and reminding me that there is a reason why I'm trying to stay below my calorie limit.
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lol i don't really take that to heart although its amusing to me so i like to see what they say
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think it's motivating
  • Angieee17
    Angieee17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wrong or not, it gives me motivation to reach that 5 week goal.
  • Charlottejogs
    Options
    At first it seemed motivating to me however, even on the days (like today) where I went way over it says a number that I haven't gotten down to and it has been more than 5 weeks...oh well:)
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options

I copy and paste mine each day into my notes at the bottom of that day. It gives me a reference to look back on.

I like the copy paste idea... gonna try it!
    Love the replies!
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like the note because it reminds me that staying the course will yield results. Plus it says exactly what the results will be.