Still have no idea!

Options
Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
Been on here for a little while now, and although I have lost a little bit of weight, I have NO idea what to eat. It's so irritating!! Wouldn't it be lovely if there was one certain way to eat that was easy and didn't cost a months rent? I can't be the only one that is eating less, but still eating crap?!

Replies

• hma2012
    Options
    Don't feel alone. I live with my parents so I eat whatever they buy. And soon, I'll live in a dorm so there won't be much "healthy food" eating done there either. What I do is eat smaller portions of the junk, when I do have to eat said junk.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you're not really sure what is best to eat - work on it a little bit at a time.
    Take breakfast, that's an easy place to start. Google "healthy breakfast recipes" and find something that looks good to you. Try it out and if it fits well within your macros (ie fat/protein/carbs) and makes you feel good - then you have a winner.
    Then move onto lunch, dinner, snacks etc.
    You don't have to do everything at once!
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    eating healthy can be cheap too - i buy cans of tuna, kidney beans, yogurt, salad, apples, nuts, pasta, - not that hardd. but i am getting bored of the same things everyday!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    For ideas, click on the "search" tab and type in 'grocery list'. A bunch of posts should come up about what people buy.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have had a hard time with food and knowing what to eat. I can count and control portions until the cows come home, but I had a hard time going healthy. Each time I've gone to the grocery store I have tried to switch one junk thing for a healthier item. I found some granola breakfast packs that I absolutely love - its just like eating a bag of candy to me. Ive started having a small salad with my dinner, and looking at what i can make myself (ie, soups) to improve the sodium contents.

At least for me, it was very overwhelming, but much more manageable when I started small. And try to try lots of things - some you'll like and some you wont. I just got out of college (lived in the dorms all 4 years, year-round) and it is possible to watch what you're eating there - just write things down!

One thing that has helped me a ton is that I don't say anything is off limits. I still enjoy pizza, chocolate, eating out, and alchy... just plan for it ahead of time :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    eating healthy can be cheap too - i buy cans of tuna, kidney beans, yogurt, salad, apples, nuts, pasta, - not that hardd. but i am getting bored of the same things everyday!

Hundreds of combinations!

Hummus!!!! As a spread! On a turkey sandwich using Arnold Flax rolls (buy 1 get 1 free at Giant) with baby spinach (bought in a huge tub for $3) with Sargento Reduced sodium pepperjack cheese ($2.99 a pack) and a campari tomato ($2.99 for appx 16 tomatoes)....anyone else hungry?
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Start checking out other peoples food diary's!

........er, if you look at mine go back a few days. :blushing:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I worry more about my macros than anything so as far as healthy eating goes I consider myself doing well if I incorporate some veggies and fruits on a daily basis. And the tomato and lettuce on my burger count.