anyone easily overheat/sweat

Options
or have a really hot body temperature? i feel like in the summer i dont even feel like excersising or eating healthily because i sweat soo much and just feel fat from all the mugginess - anyone else feel like this? how do i get over it?

Replies

• katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    also tips on how to get protein in in this weather - ive felt positively sick trying to reach my 60g of protein a day because it just feels like it weighs me down....last thing you feel like in summer is meat, eggs, etc. bleurgh
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Similar issue here. I can be soaked in sweat from simple house work or playing wii with the kids. I checked with a dr and he said no reason for me to worry just adjust. Not my idea of fixing the problem but not heading for a second opinion any time soon.
  • jdalia143xo
    Options
    i know exactly how you feel. i have sinus tachycardia, meaning a regular rhythm, but abnormally fast heart rate. part of what is wrong with me, is i am very heat intolerant. any heat makes me feel dizzy and light-headed. the best we can do is exercise as much as possible indoors, and spend as little time as possible outside!
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I feel like this too!

I have no advice for the summer. :( I exercise and then take a tepid shower. I stand there and turn the temp cooler and cooler, and once or twice I've had the hot completely off. But then you have to get out.

I get yelled at by my work "mom" for not wearing a coat in the winter. I commute 35 miles and wearing a coat would ensure that I have sweat stains before I even clock in. I take a coat, but unless I have car trouble I do not wear it.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Specifically in the summer when I go running on the beach, I sweat/overheat like crazy... Even when I'm working out at the gym... Sweating so much is embarrassing lol.. Not a sexy look..lol :/
  • Teach4Hisglory
    Teach4Hisglory Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you actually have hyperhidrosis then a doctor can treat it. (Last time I checked, they can either use Botox injections or in severe cases they can surgically correct nerve-issues. They are working on a topical Botox cream to treat it, but it's still in trials.) In the meantime, monitor your temperature, stay hydrated, and workout as much as possible indoors. (When I was really having a hard time, I started ice skating. I still worked up a sweat, but the rink temperature felt much better than the outdoors.) :o)
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Where do you live that it is summer right now?!?!?!?!?!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I used to think that it was because I was overweight, but now I'm at an ideal/normal weight range and I still sweat a lot. Even in winter walking to work, I'll have sweaty underarms. I have no idea why it is but nothing seems to work. I think it's actually gotten worse drinking extra water. I don't eat a lot of sodium, so I think it comes out of me anyway it can, including through the pores.

The only good part of it is that it really makes you feel like you've worked out really well when you're dripping with sweat.
  • katiepie111
    katiepie111 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    new zealand..we are in the first week of summer :)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the Same problem. Esp. in the summer. If I exercise..I have to do it in an air conditioned setting and even then I need a fan blowing directly on me. I still get wringing wet (hair goes completely damp--looks like I just came out of the shower!). It's embarrassing, but I have Always been like this--even when I was tiny ( 103 lbs)! My Mother has the Same problem--so I think it's hereditary. I did see several doctors about this and was told the exact same thing by them all---Learn to live with it! Argh! I Do have MS, so it's even more important for me Not to get over-heated. My poor husband Freezes when I am having problems with my body's "thermostat"...Poor StevLL!! One solution is that I wear a "Cool Vest" in the summer. As I have horses--and need to be outside often. So it keeps my "core" temp cool which helps a lot! I hate this "problem"!!:embarassed:
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Cool. In texas it is raining and in the 40's. But our summers are brutal so I totally know where you are coming from with the heat!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the Same problem. Esp. in the summer. If I exercise..I have to do it in an air conditioned setting and even then I need a fan blowing directly on me. I still get wringing wet (hair goes completely damp--looks like I just came out of the shower!). It's embarrassing, but I have Always been like this--even when I was tiny ( 103 lbs)! My Mother has the Same problem--so I think it's hereditary. I did see several doctors about this and was told the exact same thing by them all---Learn to live with it! Argh! I Do have MS, so it's even more important for me Not to get over-heated. My poor husband Freezes when I am having problems with my body's "thermostat"...Poor StevLL!! One solution is that I wear a "Cool Vest" in the summer. As I have horses--and need to be outside often. So it keeps my "core" temp cool which helps a lot! I hate this "problem"!!:embarassed:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    also tips on how to get protein in in this weather - ive felt positively sick trying to reach my 60g of protein a day because it just feels like it weighs me down....last thing you feel like in summer is meat, eggs, etc. bleurgh

You guys must live in hot, humid areas. I can't help much w/ the first, although I am quite the sweat-er once I work out.

The protein I can help with, though! Ice cream, pudding, fudgesicles, fat free cottage cheese, protein shakes are all frosty, cool ways to get your protein in and avoid eating hot food or cooking and making the house too hot.

GL!