Hypocritical Critics...

Options
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. So my parents comment on how I shouldn't eat that and how it makes me fat, and that I should eat less, etc etc. But THEN when I'm not very hungry they freak out and ask why I'm not eating much, or why I'm not having a second helping. Why are they doing this?? And when I ran that mile yesterday and told them about it, they didn't think anything of it, clearly expressing how very unimpressed they were. I guess it's just very irritating getting mixed messages like that x.x Also, just a few minutes ago I had dinner, and I only had one helping at first, but I was still hungry so I took two, and my dad commented on how he was getting worried that I didn't like it because I only ate one. Ugh.

Replies

• jdalia143xo
    Options
    my family is like that too.. i hate it!! if you find out how to deal with it, let me know, cuz i have no advice to give on this one!!
  • furekurss
    Options
    Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. So my parents comment on how I shouldn't eat that and how it makes me fat, and that I should eat less, etc etc. But THEN when I'm not very hungry they freak out and ask why I'm not eating much, or why I'm not having a second helping. Why are they doing this?? And when I ran that mile yesterday and told them about it, they didn't think anything of it, clearly expressing how very unimpressed they were. I guess it's just very irritating getting mixed messages like that x.x Also, just a few minutes ago I had dinner, and I only had one helping at first, but I was still hungry so I took two, and my dad commented on how he was getting worried that I didn't like it because I only ate one. Ugh.

strong AVI
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Avi?

strong AVI
  • furekurss
    Options
    Avi?

main profile pic

strong AVI
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I have a good one for you.
    My sister in law and I were having a special treat dinner one day. Subs from this great.place near my house. Since it was a cheat day we decided to have a 2L of coke. Well we both ended up drinking about a 1/2 glass and the rest just sat until it went flat. So my mom brings over a case of coke. When my sister in law opens one my mom says ' you guys don't need it'. I asked her who she bought it for then since she is a diabetic and cant drink it...and she says she bought it for us because our 2 liter was flat. Welcome to Crazytown.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    My family are always telling me that I look too skinny and that i am starving myself. They don't get the fact i do eat , i just don't eat like i used too.