Superlight Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Options
shortchick88
shortchick88 Posts: 6 Member
I found this recipe for these cookies in Cosmo over the weekend. I haven't tried them yet, but will be doing so later on in the week.

Ingredients:
4 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and cream of tartar until soft peaks begin to form. Pour in sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, until incorporated. Add vanilla, and beat until glossy, stiff peaks form. Do not overbeat. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Drop by the spoonful onto baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool. You can store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Serves 2.

I really hope these are good, seeing as to how this is the healthiest recipe I've ever seen for chocolate chip cookies, and we all know they're a guilty pleasure!

I do plan on substituting Splenda for sugar to make them even healthier! :)

Replies

• 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    These look like merigue cookies. They are low in fat and really good but aren't really like what we think of chocolate chip cookies. They are great for a sweet treat.
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    do you know the nutritional information and serving size?
  • shortchick88
    shortchick88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That, I unfortunately do not know.
  • pamrobb
    Options
    I'll have to try these.
  • Kimboslice2285
    Options
    Someone please help me! I have tried to make these 2 times and both times they were soupy and impossible to even put on a cookie sheet. I beat them forever but they just never thickened. Any tips?
  • Suziq776
    Options
    Not the "typical" cookie consistancy, obviously since no flour. They are a combo (depending if warm or cooled) of delicate, flakey, crunchy, chewy. I doubled the recipe and added 1/4 cup canned pumpkin & 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice to the second half of the mixture. Both batches turned out DELISH! The batch with added pumpkin were flatter and not as crunchy. According to my math, each cookie is approx 60 calories. (57 calories if 55 cookies are obtained from a batch, 63 calories if 50 cookies are obtained from a batch, add 1 calorie per cookie if add 1/4 cup pumpkin).
  • Suziq776
    Options
    I am interested to find out how the splenda substitute worked out. Did it alter any flavor? Did it cause a stomache upset?
  • tnladyvol
    tnladyvol Posts: 245
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump