Then there was dinner

Options
OMG! I went to my sisters and all the family was there. My sister's grandson turned 5. We visited, had dinner and cake & ice cream. All day I watched what I was eating because I didn't want to graze I felt out of sorts I have a UTI. So I have been drinking the water. But when I got there it all went out the window and I said no to nothing omg! I am so disgusted with myself. I went over 600 calories for the day. What was I thinking? I made bad choices. Not only did I have a slice of cake I had a cupcake and ice cream. I should have had just one. least with the journaling and tracking my food I am now aware of what I am doing next thing is get some will power to stop it as it is happening.

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. I am new at this too and a could days ago I went over 1000 calories OVER my limit and I was upset but I used it as a lesson learned and a jumping off point and for the past two days been successful at staying under my goal for the fist time.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Give yourself time to break the bad habits. Just learn for next time and think before you reach. :drinker:
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We all do this from time to time. Apparently it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and another 30 days to retrain yourself to do something differently, so don't beat yourself up. :)

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Crystal xo
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    See if you can do something small in terms of exercising tonight, like a short walk. That'll shave off a few calories. Then all you can do is start fresh tomorrow. I find that if I try to "make up" for yesterday, I end up worse off. It doesn't matter if I'm trying to make up calories or exercise. I end up being frustrated and overwhelmed. So I just pretend I have a clean slate and that seems to work for me.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. Focus on feeling good the days that you meet your goals.

In order to help with willpower, try journaling as you finish meals or snacks, rather than at the end of the day. It's easier to say no to a cupcake (or exercise to allow room for it) if you know where you are in terms of your goals.
  • springfield5780
    Options
    600 calories is not the end of the world :) Be proud of your progress and forgive yourself! If I had a cupcake and cake and ice cream in my face right now I would probably go over 1600!!!! I ate until I was STUFFED tonight! I have not done that in a long time and it was sooooo good! I felt upset at myself for a few minutes and let it pass...One day at a time! Tomorrow is a new day! Keep ya head up :)