Hey everyone

Options
Well this would be my first post. I have been tracking my calories for about a month now but, I did not think I needed to post. Okay I was wrong it would be nice to have someone else to talk to and get encourgament from that is trying to lose weight as well. I have lost weight, gained weight, lost weight, gained weight....... I am just ready to lose it again and keep it off.

Replies

• springfield5780
    Options
    I know what you mean! I feel like I am annoying everyone around me! I would love to have people that get it! I'm picky, I'm quoting how many calories everything has in it, and I'm cooking 2 different meals (One for me and whichever kids decides they wanna try it and the other for the very unhealthy folks in the house that think counting calories is the devil)! So far everyone has been nice but I am waiting on them to snap LOL. I have lost weight before but it was more of a diet type thing. I feel like the changes I am making now are not just "quick fixes".
  • Alisonmccardle
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing with the calories. Holy cow have you seen how many calories McDonalds food has? No wonder I can't lose weight. Fast food is one of the first things to go for me. It is hard but, I have got to stay away. :smile:
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I stopped using MFP until about a week ago. I had been eating healthier and exercising, but until I found out a couple of my friends had joined, I was having a really hard time! Now I have made new MFP friends, and it's very exciting and motivating! I have also gotten myself more involved in the posts and community of MFP. I always welcome new friends, and I try my best to post "Hooray!" and "Congrats!" as much as I can. :)
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing with the calories. Holy cow have you seen how many calories McDonalds food has? No wonder I can't lose weight. Fast food is one of the first things to go for me. It is hard but, I have got to stay away. :smile:

Holy! My 2nd week on MFP and had a slip this weekend... Rotten Ronnie called me my from my hungover sofa surfing. Oh the humanity!
  • byrongoldie3
    Options
    hey my biggest problem is ice cream(butter pecan) found lite but have to cool it on how much.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    it seems so hard to cook two separate meals, i know. i'm a vegan, married to a meateater for almost 11 yrs. when the kids were still at home i was vegetarian (as is my daughter since birth), and my stepson of course wasn't. so some nights i felt like "how can i do this 2-meal (sometimes 3!) dance forever??" but u know what? it becomes second nature. after awhile others adjust, and u get a good groove going on recipes that can swing a little for both sides. but be careful about feeding your family heart attacks just cuz they like it better--alcoholics might want me to serve beer on their cheerios, but i won't do that for them either. nutritious home-made meals come in all varieties. more power to you for doing the real work: weight loss, while still COOKING for your family. when the going gets tough, don't give up. it's like any other change--making two dinners WILL become ok for u later. and one day other people at the table will say "can i have what ur having?" yup. but it's gonna take commitment on your part. good luck, hon. u can do this.
  • springfield5780
    Options
    Usually every Thursday we eat out. We have a grease pit that most of my family prefers. Even when I wasnt counting calories it just made me sick to my stomach seeing the grease. In everything there! Nothing is safe! So I have now started going to McDonalds and getting the salad with grilled chicken on it! Its soooooooo good and it has around 230 calories in it! Before I prolly woulda added a fry or a sweet tea but..........I looked up the calories in them and say NAAAAAAAAH!
  • Alisonmccardle
    Options
    I kept putting off joining MFP community. But, I am glad I did I think it is going to be fun and encouraging.
  • Alisonmccardle
    Options
    I love ice cream to especially sonic blast. But, go me I have not had any in awhile. The lite stuff is just as good if you are craving a bowl of ice cream.