just aloof about Christmas, anyone else?

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
I really am beginning to hate the holidays. Its when I have to pretend I like my inlaws. My sister in law has the brattiest kids I ever met in my life and wont take advice from anyone cuz she has life all figured out. My mother in law *****es about EVERYTHING. My sister in law is a snob and fake. Her husband is a weirdo... but actually likable LOL.

So I'm just wondering, is anyone else kinda dreading the holidays.

Will be saving calories for booze that day! its for medicinal purposes LOL :)

Ronney

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My running joke is that Christmas is a time to see all the family you avoid for the rest of the year :P

For me, I really look forward to Christmas morning with my kids, and just tolerate the rest (I also have to drive about 200 miles in total on Christmes Day, so I can't even have any 'medicine' :sad: )
  • RonneyKay
    Options
    Rayman, I will be praying for you on Christmas! omg...
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I said to heck with being with people I don't like this year. I spent Thanksgiving with just my husband and youngest daughter. Christmas will just be the same plus I'm thinking my older two will come over for a visit. Other than that I'm tired of ruining a perfectly good day with a bunch of people I don't really like. I still plan on enjoying a glass of wine. :bigsmile:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes. Ever since I started working in retail - I hate Christmas. I feel like everyone loses their minds during this season. People who are normally calm, collected and normal turning into raving lunatics.

I look forward to it being over.
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    I guess it depends on which family I am going to see. I love my Dad and my Grandmothers, My in-laws are great, but "other" members of my family absolutely drive me NUTS! I love Christmas morning with the family but only about half of my family allows me to be sane. :explode:
  • tapas71
    tapas71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have no one to spend Christmas with this year... so that maybe alright, considering the alternative!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    hahahhaha I laughed when I read this! it's so funny because it's meant to be a lovely family time (it is for some) we are NOT a close family very disfuntional! and my hubby doesn't have anything to do with his family so we put our time and positive energy into the people who matter...US!!! and our good friends of course....we are escaping to Broome which is North of Western Australia, and I've recently given up drinking alcohol so I don't have to be medicated on the day! We will be sunning it up beside the pool, with my "Mocktail"...xx
  • springfield5780
    Options
    I said to heck with being with people I don't like this year. I spent Thanksgiving with just my husband and youngest daughter. Christmas will just be the same plus I'm thinking my older two will come over for a visit. Other than that I'm tired of ruining a perfectly good day with a bunch of people I don't really like. I still plan on enjoying a glass of wine. :bigsmile:

I said the same thing!!! We Usually go to both sets of grandparents houses. One is about 60 miles away. I am going to that one and the one that lives here in town can kiss my boo-tay! She knows where we live (Less than a mile away) and she doesn't seem to think the road works both ways so I refuse to go sit in a different room than her and listen to people talk to each other! (If you didn't guess we don't have the most loving of relationships in my family LOL)
  • RonneyKay
    Options
    My mother died 11 years ago. And my husband family is just... well, snobby, but my husband is not, so imagine that. Plus my daughter will not be here, she lives in GA with her husband, I wish they could come, or I could go there.

I told my husband I was gonna go to my cousins house and he could stay here with his family. That did not go over well LOL Maybe I will volunteer at a soup kitchen. Or something.

Ronney
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm a total Scrooge every Christmas. It's my least fave holiday.

I'm super jolly for Halloween though as that's my favorite holiday!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't like Christmas much - it seems like a time where you have to do things that you do because its Christmas, not because you realy want to. I used to live interstate and then I would come home to see the family every second year and go away somewhere cool for the alternate year.
    This year is going to be particularly hard because my mum passed away in August so we will be spending a few days staying with my sister, my dad will be there too. There aren't any little kids in the family any more so I think it is going to be a day where there is a bunch of adults, all determinedly cheerful and putting on a brave face while wishing we could be somewhere else.
    I quite like my family but I don't have a lot in common with my sister or her husband so it is going to be a trying few days.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to get into the Christmas spirit because I am in university and Christmas doesn't come without EXAMS! So once December hits, it's like an automatic stress button.

I am excited to go home, but I'm nervous to book time off from my part-time job to go home. I don't understand why part-time places expect so much of young people.
  • tinytubbs
    Options
    I am finding it hard to get into the spirit at all. I would rather not even get together with my family. to me it feels more like an obligation than something to celebrate.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I Love Christmas! I despise the Christmas shopping crowds, so I got almost everything online and just have a few things left to do but the rest I love - except cooking for a crowd, but whatever, worth it.

Our house & tree is already decorated and ready for the family - I love picking out the perfect tree.
    We've been playing Christmas music and watching Christmas specials.
    Going to see the Nutcracker - can't wait!
    I LOVE walking through the city and looking at all the lights and decorations - it can be very romantic.

Thanksgiving gets me in the mood - realizing all that's good in my life, and I am blessed - and that makes me more excited for Christmas!

I took a tag from the giving tree - anyone know what the 6-7 year old girls are into this year????????