Praying? That doesn't burn calories.

Options
We often underestimate God and overestimate ourselves.

If God can make the sunrise every morning, and allow for it to set each night - why would we think he couldn't tackle something like weight?

I use to workout ...I even ran track in highschool, and the scale would never budge. I thought it was impossible for ME to lose weight. I prayed one night that Christ would give me a strong frame of mind to lose weight, and my prayers were heard. For the FIRST time the scale started moving.

Everyday is a struggle, but it's worth the fight.

My main purpose for this blog is to encourage you all, and to let you know that God is bigger than all of our problems. We should have a more strengthened faith in his power, in addition to our relationships with him. <3 ..xo...

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you, I suppose. :flowerforyou:
    Also, the sun rises and sets because of the Earth's rotation, it's not like God really moves it up and down everyday! lol but I get where you're going with it!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I'm not going to pretend to know all about the bible because I'm an agnostic. From what I do know though, god gave us free will so if you manage to use it to mess yourself up then the only way out of it is your own decisions. I guess free will is a double edged sword in that sense
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I put my faith in myself and myself alone, but glad to hear you've found something that works for you.
  • moreniiita
    Options
    really sad how after giving positive energy forward, some negative came back - please do not reply to my posts with anything less than positive vibes and flows ...if you don't agree, just press the back button, do not waste your time replying..

thanks you ;)
  • Ready4Goal
    Options
    Amen to that!!
  • Chelsea_Marinos
    Chelsea_Marinos Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have to remember this sometimes... That praying for strength is just as important as counting your calories in the weight loss world.. Support from family and friends and even people on here is great but the best support we can get is from above :) thanks for the reminder
  • moreniiita
    Options
    THANKS READY4GOAL :smile:
  • ascott048
    Options
    For many the journey to weightloss is just as much about their spiritual and mental health as it is about the physical change. I commend you on being reflective of what matters most to you in this life. For those that share the same belief the reality is that God gave us the gift of choice. That gift rings true no matter what you believe. We each have the ablity to wake up each morning and decide how we are going to live it. MFP is a great avenue and tool to use to support eachother in making a choice that is for the better.

Best of luck to all of you on this journey to become more healthy.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    really sad how after giving positive energy forward, some negative came back - please do not reply to my posts with anything less than positive vibes and flows ...if you don't agree, just press the back button, do not waste your time replying..

thanks you ;)
    I didn't see any negativity, but okay. I also don't know why you had to reply to me in a message and not just on here. Not agreeing with you entirely doesn't mean it's negative. I was actually trying to be polite with my original post and didn't even say what I was really thinking.
  • venetianz
    venetianz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    moreniiita remember not everyone is a Christian and you are still going to receive negative responses, not because your post is bad but because not everyone is a believer. I posted something similar on another platform but about praying over meals and i was attacked like i was in world war 3, no even 1 person got what i was trying to say, but it was okay, mayb the one who got it chose not to comment.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We often underestimate God and overestimate ourselves.

I don't want to start anything, but I don't like that sentence. Why give the credit to God for the weight that you lost? It was your hard work and dedication. You deserve all of the credit.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    moreniiita remember not everyone is a Christian and you are still going to receive negative responses, not because your post is bad but because not everyone is a believer. I posted something similar on another platform but about praying over meals and i was attacked like i was in world war 3, no even 1 person got what i was trying to say, but it was okay, mayb the one who got it chose not to comment.
    that is true, so since it's a public forum you are opening yourself up to different perspectives. I don't think anyone was negative to her though, whether or not they completely agreed. If you feel that praying or faith will help in weight loss, it most likely will. Whether it's because of divine intervention or simply the power of the mind. Whatever works for you! I don't mean that to be condescending, either! I am being sincere.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    God bless. As a tradition before a race (5k / 10k etc..) I always pray. Although I'm not a regular church-goer I still have my faith
  • onefourone
    Options
    Seeing how we are created in gods image It makes me wonder if he is on MFP and what his username would be.. I mean GOD would be so obvious. You know.. humm I have to go look now.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

thanks you ;)

Unfortunately that's the nature of an open internet forum - if you only want to hear from like minded people, then this may not be the best place to post.

I'm glad you are finding success, that's great, but I agree with Kristina - you deserve a pat on the back too, don't give all the credit away.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    Seeing how we are created in gods image It makes me wonder if he is on MFP and what his username would be.. I mean GOD would be so obvious. You know.. humm I have to go look now.

"like button" he he he...
  • dropofhope
    Options

• ciaobellakiss
    Options
    Yeah, weight is nothing when compared to many other problems of the world.
  • ascott048
    Options

ditto ::laugh: I feel like searching for thebigguyupstairs if that name doesn't exsist someone must take it!!!
  • Rewinds
    Options
    I'm not going to pretend to know all about the bible because I'm an agnostic. From what I do know though, god gave us free will so if you manage to use it to mess yourself up then the only way out of it is your own decisions. I guess free will is a double edged sword in that sense

On a side note...

If God gave you free will then its not really free will ^_^ just saying.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!