The Importance of support

Last week was my 1st week on MFP. I basically used the week to observe my eating habits. Not only did i realise i eat waaaay too much, i realised i dont like to excersice quite a lot. The 1st 2 days i went above my daily caloric needs, the next 3 days were okay but then the weekend came. i dont have internet at home accept on my phone so i didnt get the encourasgement i get from my friends here on MFP. I realised the value of them being in my life because the reason why i managed to eat well was because of all their support. I am thankful that i did manage to lose 3lbs and kept it off even after a week of eating too much.

This is a new week, im actually kick starting my diet for the next 2 weeks, then from then on ill be on a 1600 - 2000calorie plan than will be a lifestyle and will help me shed the pounds off as well. I knw i wont be able to do it alone, i will need MyFitnessPals like never before. Remember your comment on a persons update might mean nothing to you but to them it means the world, it means someone care and someone sees,:heart::heart: :heart:

Replies

• I was also shocked to see how much I ate...without even thinking about it. MFP has definitely opened my eyes & made me more accountable/responsible for what I am eating. I hope you find the support you need here. It has worked having a place to celebrate my successes and admit my downfalls. Feel free to add me as a friend...I am always looking for support and/or to give it. Good luck, sounds like you are pretty ready & motivated now. :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I totally agree! sometimes other people's comments are what really keeps me going! I've had a few people say things to me that really helped me get through a workout and just all around made me feel better! the support is invaluable! feel free to add me! My friends list has gone up a lot in just the past week, but I try to be supportive of everyone because it really helps!