The better me trying to get out...

Options
So I'm new, and if I wasn't I'm probably in the wrong message board...lol...

My co-worker introduced me to this site, I'm not much of a calorie counter but thus far nothing else has seemed to work. However, I think it was just laziness that stopped me from getting the results that I wanted.
I split with my ex last year after 6.5yrs and now I have a great guy. He loves me just the way I am, but I don't. I knew meeting him I would have to make a change in my life or I would be destined to be unhappy. He's very healthy, goes to the gym 5x a week and eats super healthy. He's my motivation, I admire his drive and commitment.
I know once I get things with my weight and my eating under control I'll be a much happier person; someone who will be able to enjoy this new and exciting relationship with this wonderful man much more!

I'm not perfect, I know I'll go off course every once and a while....but that's life and you can only take it one day at a time. Plus a good support system doesn't hurt eh?

So here's a toast to day one and many more to come!

Replies

• jvollmer
    jvollmer Posts: 18
    Options
    So I'm new, and if I wasn't I'm probably in the wrong message board...lol...

My co-worker introduced me to this site, I'm not much of a calorie counter but thus far nothing else has seemed to work. However, I think it was just laziness that stopped me from getting the results that I wanted.
    I split with my ex last year after 6.5yrs and now I have a great guy. He loves me just the way I am, but I don't. I knew meeting him I would have to make a change in my life or I would be destined to be unhappy. He's very healthy, goes to the gym 5x a week and eats super healthy. He's my motivation, I admire his drive and commitment.
    I know once I get things with my weight and my eating under control I'll be a much happier person; someone who will be able to enjoy this new and exciting relationship with this wonderful man much more!

I'm not perfect, I know I'll go off course every once and a while....but that's life and you can only take it one day at a time. Plus a good support system doesn't hurt eh?

So here's a toast to day one and many more to come!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    :drinker: I'll toast to that! Good luck!
  • angyltears
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! It's really great here, the support is amazing :happy: Good luck on your goals
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This is the best website ever. I love it here and I think you will too. This website is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: