challenging me, myself and i

Options
i just had a very harsh wake up call this weekend...

1. i eat little... but i gain alot... I MUST EAT THE WRONG STUFF!
2. i exercise very little... but i feel more tired... IT IS MORE TIRING BEING INACTIVE!
3. i cant stand the pictures i take anymore... I FEEL AS BAD AS I LOOK!
4. i have a gym membership that is begging to be abused... WASTE NOT!
5. i dont drink enough water... TRASH THE SODAS!

anyone else want to join me in a challenge?

Replies

• weightlosswonderwoman
    Options
    Just a tip for ditching soft drinks....
    STICK WITH IT!
    At first you will feel so tired and crabby because of the lack of sugar...
    But after a week or so, your body will feel less bloated and AMAZING!
    Trust me, I would know
    Lost 10kg from going off soft drinks before joining MFP :)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was totally in the same boat! I didn't eat a lot, but what I was eating (restaurants, fast food, just all around junk) was way too high in calories! and I had no energy! Now that I'm exercising, I feel much better. It's odd how exhausting sitting on the couch all day can be! :laugh:
  • rouianne
    Options
    I know i can do this. I've lost 25lbs before but it was an unhealthy diet including 4 hours of sleep per day and 1 meal... I ended up in the hospital. So I think, this time I'll stick 3 three meals per day. In asia, there is a saying for dieters,

"eat like a princess for breakfast,
    eat like a low paid clerk for lunch,
    eat like a pauper for dinner,
    BUT dont forget to run in between meals,
    or else FAT will catch up with you!"
  • Honest_Sandy
    Options

2. i exercise very little... but i feel more tired... IT IS MORE TIRING BEING INACTIVE!

That is EXACTLY how I got where I was and am! I would feed the kids but get busy and forget to feed myself...I never got hungry...I was a nursing mom, so I sat a LOT! My metabolism is in the toilet! I stopped looking in the mirror. Six months into a year gym membership, I'm finally using it! My favorite is when I scan my card and it tells me to see the attendant! (Meaning I've already signed in once today!) Only difference is I don't drink soda. Water is my prefered drink. Course, I still have a hard time eating enough calories, except when provided for me and I'm expected to sit down and eat. My best weight loss days have been right after Thanksgiving weekend and this week after TWO holiday parties! I don't find many people with our problem when it comes to food. I'm up for a challenge. Whatcha have in mind?
  • 92sarahbrown
    Options
    Hello! I am brand new to this site and am looking for friends/support group to lose some weight! My second baby just turned 10 months and my older just turned 2. I've got quite a few pounds to lose! I don't have a lot of time to workout, and I don't have much time to eat and it's usually fast food. I'm right here with you!
  • rouianne
    Options

That is EXACTLY how I got where I was and am! I would feed the kids but get busy and forget to feed myself...I never got hungry...I was a nursing mom, so I sat a LOT! My metabolism is in the toilet! I stopped looking in the mirror. Six months into a year gym membership, I'm finally using it! My favorite is when I scan my card and it tells me to see the attendant! (Meaning I've already signed in once today!) Only difference is I don't drink soda. Water is my prefered drink. Course, I still have a hard time eating enough calories, except when provided for me and I'm expected to sit down and eat. My best weight loss days have been right after Thanksgiving weekend and this week after TWO holiday parties! I don't find many people with our problem when it comes to food. I'm up for a challenge. Whatcha have in mind?

My challenge is basic:
    1. Look in the kitchen and make notes on what you have. What do you usually eat and what do you usually end up wasting? A healthy fridge is a healthy start. (Eat in your dining room. No TV dinners and absolutely no bedroom snacks!)
    2. Look in your closet. What do you usually wear? Take it out, display it where you can see everyday. BUT! Take out a dress or a piece of clothing you KNOW you want to fit into. PUT THEM SIDE BY SIDE. I'm sure we have one of each of those in our closet somewhere. I know I want to be able to fit into my skinny jeans without having to turn blue before "managing" myself into it. The XL shirts I've been wearing lately is making me feel very, disappointed.
    3. Assess one week in our recent past by making an hourly calendar. BE HONEST! Assess where you begin your day and when you end it. I know that recently I wake up too late and go to sleep way too late as well. I know the couch cant wait to get rid of me for at least 1-2 hours a day. I get off work at 5PM and run errands but my gym opens at 5AM and doesnt close until 10 daily. SO!! With that in mind, I PROMISE TO WAKE UP AT 7AM, SIT DOWN FOR BREAKFAST AND GET TO WORK BY 9AM. I WILL WALK 15 MINUTES AFTER HAVING A LIGHT LUNCH AND AFTERWORK I WILL VISIT MY GYM FOR 1 HOUR EVERY OTHER DAY UNTIL I GET USED TO THE WORKOUTS AGAIN THEN HAVE AN ALMOST NON EXISTENT DINNER. Now, I'm not saying that will be your schedule too. Mom's have a different schedule altogether and I understand that. I suggest, hitting the mall (but do forget to bring your credit cards PLEASE!) I know I enjoy window shopping just like anyone else. 30mins - 1hr walk in a mall burns more calories than sitting at home in front of Mr. Television. Find something that will keep you active for at least 30mins-1hour on your feet. No wii games!
    4. Plan at least 2-4 hours of MY RELAX TIME or MY ME TIME where nothing can stress you out. We all deserve a small break. Even from our beloved family and friends.

I'm not sure it will work for everyone but, I've got my gym clothes in my car and 2 apps on my phone that I'm hoping will keep me on track. TARGETWEIGHT and MYFITNESSPAL.

Add me as a friend! Let's keep each other motivated!

~ROUIANNE
  • rouianne
    Options
    Hello! I am brand new to this site and am looking for friends/support group to lose some weight! My second baby just turned 10 months and my older just turned 2. I've got quite a few pounds to lose! I don't have a lot of time to workout, and I don't have much time to eat and it's usually fast food. I'm right here with you!

Although I'm new here myself.. I hope we can keep each other motivated. Tomorrow is a new day! Cant go back in time, but we can always move forward with a positive outlook!