Today I can!

Options
Hi! I started MFP last week and am already struggling to stay on track. The weekends are always my rough patch, so here I am Monday morning stating - TODAY I can! I feel that's all I can promise myself and a very achieveable goal. Today I will stay within my calorie goal, today I will excercise. No excuses!

Thanks for reading and have an awesome on track day!

Replies

• lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YES YOU CAN AND I WILL TOO!! : ) :heart:
  • rkeffer
    rkeffer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thats Great..Its a new week and just take one day at a time and you will achieve what you set out to do.
    I was at the gym by 6:30 this morning and did a 25 minute workout on the treadmill :laugh:
    Have a great day
  • angeleyez77
    angeleyez77 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes you can if you put your mind to it and stick to your goals you can :D
  • jmt304
    jmt304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!! We are all here to help EACH OTHER!!! :-D
  • jmt304
    jmt304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!!! We are all here to help EACH OTHER!!! :-D
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself during the week only to binge on the weekends on the foods you crave, that will sabotage your efforts. Instead, moderate the portions of the stuff you WANT, have small amounts of it, like instead of an entire Hershey bar, have 3 blocks and be done. Just make sure to work it into your daily calorie goal, and do the extra exercise to make the 3 blocks worth it. You'd be amazed at what becomes 'worth it' after a while.

Weekends for me are a bit of off days. With a family of 4, and constantly waiting for weekends to do errands and see friends, I'm never sure where a meal will come from so the best I can do is be good in the mornings, and sometimes even that doesn't work when hubby wants to make French toast or something else yummy. We all deserve a splurge once in a while, it is life after all. :)
  • Colleen268
    Colleen268 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on here about a week, I am not supposed to weigh in until tomorrow. Had a date with hubby Saturday night and went off the diet. Sunday morning I started right back up. It's like riding a bike. When I weighed myself this morning, I realized I had gained a lb, (probably due to my cycle arriving this week)

I would love support and to give support, so please feel free to add me everyone! I quit smoking 6 months ago, put on 18 lbs that I couldnt afford, but am happier heavier than smoking. It was a 20 yr habit I kicked. Hopefully the weight loss should go as smooth.
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Yes YOU CAN DO IT!!! It's a day by day process. A commitement to yourself to make a happy, healthy lifestyle change. Best of luck in your journey. :)

10879315.png
  • fergalf
    fergalf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :happy: You can do anything just believe that you can. Great job!!!! Keep it up!!!!!
  • fergalf
    fergalf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great keep it up!!!!
  • Eddie870
    Options
    Good attiude. Just do it! Keep up the good work.
  • ilikeher
    Options
    Take it one meal at a time and make sure you log your food! It really helps to keep me on track knowing that I am going to have to log what I am eating
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    That is right you can, and you will! :smile:
  • kwortham
    kwortham Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just don't stop!!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You can do it and so can I. Weekends are hard for me but today is a new day and I will try to stay on track.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    That's the way to go ! You can DO this !
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a serious compulsive eating problem......and if I can stay on track with this, YOU can TOO!!! Just think of it as 'one day at a time' and you can do it. This is the easiest program I have ever done and believe me I've done lots of them. I just started last week and I have lost 4 lbs. I know the longer I do this, the harder it will be to get that kind of result and there may be times when I don't lose very much each week, but I am determined to do this. You can too!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can do this...and try your best to plan ahead for weekends too. It gets easier, I promise.