Carb Blockers

Options
Hi

Hope everyone is well.

Does anyone anything about Carb Blockers and if they work and which are the good ones.

I lost the plot with losing weight etc, am trying desperately trying to get back on track and lose the weight I have gained, so all help and advice is gratefully received.

Regards

Runningkaty

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Your going at this the wrong way. Hit your macros everyday and get some exercise.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I agree with PBJunky.
  • runningkaty
    runningkaty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I do exercise each day, running, cycling, Zumba and use my weights etc indoors, but the weight doesn't seem to be shifting.

Cheers

Katy
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Maybe try upping your calories.
  • red_hatorade
    Options
    I have heard people who hit plateaus have tried staggering their calories day to day and that has worked for them. I have no personal experience with it though, haven't lost enough to hit a plateau yet.
  • I have been using the carb blocker from Walmart for a couple of weeks, since someone told me how Dr. Oz covered how they work on his show. Basically, any carb blocker with white kidney bean extract will help change the composition of your digestive chemicals (temporarily) so that you cannot absorb the carbs as sugar and then fat. I try to remember to take two capsules about a half hour before I eat. Like you, I eat and exercise to meet my goals, but I think that a little supplement can't hurt, although I can't absolutely say I have seen a dramatic difference using them. But they are like ten bucks and relatively natural, so why not?
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Try green tea and apple cider vinegar organic with cravings etc.
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    I am hyper carb sensitive and must manage my carb intake to less than 10% of my calorie intake to lose weight. Based on information on Dr. Oz's show, I tried carb blockers - (white bean based, might be lynsine - not sure of the name, and am not close to the bottle, purchased at a health - sup chain, $60/120 tabs, 2 tabs prior to each meal advised) and noticed no affect what so ever. Based on my experience, If carbs are your issue, make different food selections.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Maybe try upping your calories.

This is one of the biggest issue. People who don't eat enough.

My suggestions, increase your calories by 200 to see if that help. If it doesn't, increase it again by 200 calories until you start losing. Or you can use the BMR tool and post your results. Then we can figure out your caloric needs.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    katy,
    check out the South Beach diet... it works well for people that are carb sensitive. I have used the OTC carb blockers, but not convinced that they work. It is better to manage your carbs yourself.
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i use this one with high success. http://www.fatwars.com/products/starchfat_blocker.html i dont take it daily though. i take it with each meal the day i am going out for dinner then with breakfast the next day. occasionally i will take it if i am having a higher carb meal for dinner at home too.