Wii games

Options
I just got a wii and was curious what fitness games are recommended besides wii fit plus. The fit plus seem a little pricey for me at this time with the balance board. Do you have to have the balance board?

Replies

• grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    You do need the balance board for Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. There are a few games that are good for fitness, Zumba Fitness is a good one. I also play Just Dance, it's not strictly a fitness game but it gets you moving and it's good fun. :)
    I'm sure other users might point you in the direction of other fitness games on the Wii, I don't play it so much anymore. :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I really like EA Sports Active right now, and the balance board is optional.
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit and never use it. I didn't feel I was getting a work out. I have all of the Just Dance and use them all the time. They are super fun and get your heart rate up!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    These are the fitness games i use for my wii:

-wii fit plus
    -zumba
    -zumba 2
    -just dance 1,2,3
    -ea sports active 2
    -black eyed peas;experience

Hope this helped! :)
  • merrick7871
    Options
    I love the Just Dance!
  • Windchild
    Windchild Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in to say that I use Just Dance 1, 2, and 3, and Dance Dance Revolution. Also, the Wii sports are pretty good for light or low impact exercise, you just have to spend more time doing them to get a big calorie burn.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Just Dance. I love both of them.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    there's also ones like The Biggest loser, the my fitness pal games which have selection like cardio, dance.. I think there's a Jillian Michaels one. New U fitness first personal trainer, mel B one.. I think alot of these have some games for balance board also but you should be able to do most of them without.

If you look them up on amazon and look through the reviews you can see what other people have said about them to work out which may work for you.. or look them up on You Tube, I do that alot before deciding which ones to buy.
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am using just dance 2 these last few weeks and boy do I sweat, doing this for 30 mins and it's great fun trying to do all the moves. I do the wii fit the odd time as well :)
  • kellyh2
    Options
    Wii Zumba is great and definately helps me tone up :-)
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    Don't forget trying to get second hand games. Gamestation are great as they check the discs work before selling on. There are dedicated shelves in their shops for preowned Wii games. Anything that gets you moving and makes you sweat, will be good for you! Good luck buying and trying!
    Wendy :smile:
  • Muir78
    Muir78 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't forget trying to get second hand games. Gamestation are great as they check the discs work before selling on. There are dedicated shelves in their shops for preowned Wii games. Anything that gets you moving and makes you sweat, will be good for you! Good luck buying and trying!
    Wendy :smile:

This is so true. I was able to find a used copy of of Wii Fit for $3 and a used board for $40 at my local Game Stop. I really lucked out on the board though. When I opened it after getting home, it looked like it had never been used...still in it's plastic wrap.

Good luck!
  • AmandaJoi25
    Options
    I play just dance and put it on fitness mode. I love playing that game.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I play tennis and bowling on Wii Sport and Just Dance, I'm going to get Zumba for Wii. I use mine daily. The bowling and tennis give me a good stretch and I work up a good sweat
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    I have

Just dance 2
    Just Dance 3,
    Black Eyed Peas Experience
    Micheal Jackson Experience
    Zumba Fitness 1
    Zumba Fitness 2

VERY FUN!

For the Zumba, i dont even have the belt (i just got the games)... i wear shorts that have loops in them and use an actual belt and stick my wiimote in.
    Also Zumba 2 has very nice progress trackers; they measure calories burned, time played, technique etc
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like Zumba and the Just Dance games
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options
    I've been using Wii Sports, but I asked Santa to bring me The Biggest Loser or Just Dance. :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I asked Santa to bring the cardio workout (mostly boxing) and Pilates.. so I'm trying to be really good and stick to my diet and exercise plan.. lol! :laugh:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Theres a Gold's Gym cardio dance workout game that is really fun, I use that, Wii sports, and Just Dance 2 & 3