Healthy Lunch recipes

Options
HonkyTonks
HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
Hi all, looking for healthy lunch recipe/ideas that do not require any cooking (I have a supermarket near work, but don't have the ability to cook, other than the microwave)

Replies

• fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    just keep it simple. 100 g of cold meat chopped up (like chicken) with lots of cucumber/tomato/lettuce and 1 cup of carb in the form of sweet potato or brown rice. Put a table sppon of flaxseed oil on top with a spray on balsamic dressing.
    Jamie EAson makes some great ideas too, her turkey muffins and carrot cake protein bars are great if you make a batch in the weekend.
    or a protein shake and a yoghurt and some fruit.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You're in Aus, aren't you? If so, Arnott's Vita-Weats have these new "Lunch slices, they're about the size of a slice of bread, I top mine with salad or canned tuna/chicken or something like that :)
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love making wraps with heaps of salad, cottage cheese and some sort of cold meat/canned fish. If you're really lazy like me you can buy pre-bagged/washed salad.

You can never get bored because there are so many meats to choose from, and you can add condiments like mustard, pickles, jalapenos etc
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I like salad but not only the traditional veggie type. I make chick pea (garbanzo beans) salad with olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper, bulgur or couscous salads, bean salads, greek salads, pasta salad, tuna salad, etc. You can get very creative and have lots of variety.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find eggs are the answer.
    I've just written a post on eggs!
    They're awesome. Boil 'em, scramble them, microwave them (not in the shell!!) poach them, fry them.
    omelette, boiled eggs. Keeps you full for long!
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    They're awesome. Boil 'em, scramble them, microwave them (not in the shell!!) poach them, fry them.

I found the greatest, easiest egg recipe that I have for every breakfast now!

Grease a 12 oz microwaveable coffee mug
    Add two eggs
    Add two tablespoons milk
    Beat
    Microwave for 45 seconds
    Stir
    Mircrowave for 45 more seconds
    Salt and Pepper to taste or add a little cheddar cheese

It comes out like a little scrambled egg souffle and its delicious!!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    When I used to work in an office (I work from home now which has it's pros and cons!) I had a bowl at work because it means you can do things like buy a can of soup and a roll from the supermarket and heat it up. I also used to do baked potatoes in the microwave at work but they're not that easy to get right. Mainly I just used to bring a packed lunch with me though - salads, sandwiches, pasta that I could reheat and so on.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I usually bring leftovers. Like today I'm having homemade minestrone and carrot agnolotti with white wine sauce. I eat everything except soup at room temperature so I don't have to deal with the communal microwave, and I use a mini crockpot to warm up the soup.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

I found the greatest, easiest egg recipe that I have for every breakfast now!

Grease a 12 oz microwaveable coffee mug
    Add two eggs
    Add two tablespoons milk
    Beat
    Microwave for 45 seconds
    Stir
    Mircrowave for 45 more seconds
    Salt and Pepper to taste or add a little cheddar cheese

It comes out like a little scrambled egg souffle and its delicious!!

Damn that sounds delicous thanx for sharing!!
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    Damn that sounds delicous thanx for sharing!!
    [/quote]

Its so good! You can add broccoli or ham to it too. With a piece of wheat toast its a pretty good meal.