Activity level

Options
I have my settings at "sedentary," even though sedentary is something I am most definitely not! Is anyone else doing this as well? On the weekends, I work extremely long shifts at a bar - I'm usually running around like crazy, so I've been logging it as 90 minutes of fast-paced walking (even though my shift is well over 6 hours). When I work doubles, I double the minutes. However, on days with typical movement, I haven't been logging. I guess I just felt that sedentary would give me more room to make mistakes, in case I overlogged some exercise by 50 or 60 cals burned. Does this make any sense?

Replies

• mushalek
    Options
    honestly, i just log it compared to how tired i am, like last night my legs were aching so bad and yesterday was suppose to be a rest day so when i'm completely exhausted like that i log 3/4 of the shift for brisk walking, if it was a slower night i'd log anywhere for 1/2 to 1/4 of my shift, no i do not wear a HRM but i wish i had one :(
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Gotcha, that makes sense! I hope you were able to put your feet up for a while and have a relaxing night after :). I had a 200-person party in our back bar area for brunch yesterday and only one other server helping me, so I'm fairly certain I didn't stand still for a second of the shift. I just feel like it's my daily job, so I shouldn't log it... but I suppose it's okay as long as I stick with sedentary under my goals!
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just put mine up a level, I don't long my serving/bar shifts as exercise as I generally go to the gym before or after and work out. What you are doing seems to make sense to me though!
  • mushalek
    Options
    Gotcha, that makes sense! I hope you were able to put your feet up for a while and have a relaxing night after :). I had a 200-person party in our back bar area for brunch yesterday and only one other server helping me, so I'm fairly certain I didn't stand still for a second of the shift. I just feel like it's my daily job, so I shouldn't log it... but I suppose it's okay as long as I stick with sedentary under my goals!

holy cow!! 200 people?! thats crazy, the holidays sure do bring out the crowds i guess!, the way i look at it is if its your daily job, your burning calories, and on packed nights its like a workout on top of your daily job, so as soon as i start working everyday a week i'm going to raise my activity to lightly active and log nights that are extremely strenuous well thats the plan at least! lol