Is this possible?

Options
I have been weighing and measuring and I have not lost pounds or inches since starting the 30DS (17 days ago), but I took before and halfway pics and I swear I see a difference! Is this possible?

Replies

• Crewchief516
    Options
    I saw some where that you lose fat equally all over your body. My only suggestion would be to have a good friend measure you or get calipers to get a better reading. measuring is the least accurate way of measuring Body fat.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yes it is. When I first started working out (or when I start to increase weight) I found that I'd put on a few pounds for several days after. Naturally I assumed that I had built muscle in those few days (because it is JUST that easy), but it's actually water that your muscles soak up to help with healing (I don't know the scientific terms). So if you've burned off fat and you've put on an equal amount in water weight, then you'd look thinner but your scale would stay the same.

Measure yourself with a measuring tape instead.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am having the same exact problem!!! The scale will not go down, I do not have a tape measure (lost it somewhere along the move into mine and my husbands new house) but it is driving me crazy!!! I do want to invest in one like... TOMORROW, sometimes I feel like I notice a difference and then the next minute I do not look at all like I have. Not sure what is going on but it is starting to get a little discouraging. I do not even go over my calorie limits or anything!!!
  • Gina005
    Options
    They say it is because with any stregth/weight training program you are replacing fat with muscle so there may not be any change on the scale or in measurements because now it is muscle...If you look and feel better the numbers don't matter