sugar

Options
i decided to start keeping track of sugar but now i think i may stop as all ive eaten today is good healthy fruit and veg and im at 31g of sugar ??????????

id understand if id eaten 2 bars of chocoolate but i havnt

Replies

• the_miss
    Options
    Fruit has a large amount of natural sugars in them; that's why they have the sweet flavour that they have. Perhaps you could just watch your consumption of sugar from food sources that are not fruit? You wouldn't be able to track it, but I know I haven't been eating sugar from any food other than fruit.
  • bruthacuervo
    bruthacuervo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Really if your Sugar comes from all natural sources I wouldnt worry too much... at worst, even if this is "not good for you" i figure maybe have a day or 2 where you dont do that and the body will regulate it all for you.

if i go over in a category i just try not to repeat it constantly, like if i have a bad carbs day, i dont sweat it, i just avoid that the next day or two, same with sugar, sodium.. etc.. seems to be working for me.
  • yummummum
    Options
    Fruit is nature's candy. If you are losing while eating it then ......
    I have cut out sugars while I get lean and lose fat. A typical day for me has around 15 gr. through veggies.
  • Jasonhannen
    Options
    i decided to start keeping track of sugar but now i think i may stop as all ive eaten today is good healthy fruit and veg and im at 31g of sugar ??????????

id understand if id eaten 2 bars of chocoolate but i havnt

I have read that Sugar that occurs naturally in fruit is nowhere near as bad as sugar in processed foods like chocolate etc, bruthacuervo is right, you should not worry about fruit sugars too much.

Good luck with your goals.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt worry about natural sugars (fruit, honey). its the processed stuff i would worry about, especially in fat free foods. they say fat free, but do you notice how much sugar is added just so that it tastes good!??!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You need to educate yourself on nutrition basics. Try starting here: http://amzn.to/vFirQy
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, as long as its coming from veggies and fruit (not fruit juice) it should be just fine! The fiber in the fruits and veggies is what slows digestion of the sugars and prevents the insulin spike :smile: