Something to think about...

Options
I am currently watching Oprah, and the man that won the Guinness World Record for most weight loss (he lost over 1000lbs then gained it all back), made a great comment.

He said he knew that weight loss surgery wasn't for him b/c his disease wasn't in his stomach, it was all in his head.

Boy oh boy that made total sense to me. I am rarely physically hungry... it IS all in my head. I'll have to make sure I remember that when my boredom is drawing me to the refrigerator lol.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I am currently watching Oprah, and the man that won the Guinness World Record for most weight loss (he lost over 1000lbs then gained it all back), made a great comment.

He said he knew that weight loss surgery wasn't for him b/c his disease wasn't in his stomach, it was all in his head.

Boy oh boy that made total sense to me. I am rarely physically hungry... it IS all in my head. I'll have to make sure I remember that when my boredom is drawing me to the refrigerator lol.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Ditto! And I wish a friend of mine figured that out BEFORE she had gastric bypass. I think she said she's gained about 25 pounds back in the last year or so.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a THOUSAND pounds? is that even possible? wow... How old was he?
  • flcaoh
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of Wickedpedia :laugh: But here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Deuel

I lied... it was 900ish pounds... but yup, apparently it's possible.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i saw that today also. in fact we are watching ET right now with kristy and what valerie is saying about her falling off and gaining her weight back. was telling DH valerie was looking good. he sure said something about that and FULLY agreed. made me feel good :(. anyway. the guy i have seen on the show inside brookhaven before. that was a great comment. it is somethng i too will have to remember next time i want to eat and the tummy isn't in the mood..
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I saw some of it but missed that part about the bypass surgery. But I do agree. Surgery just seems the easy way out. Unless you get control of the eating you will gain the weight back. I know a person who needed to lose 50-60 pounds going for a consult which seemed ridiculous to me.
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    oh jeez!
  • flcaoh
    Options
    oh jeez!

??:huh: