Lost my motivation and I need support friends.

Options
I was doing so good. I was working out 3-4 times a week and eating better. It has gotten to be so hard for me lately and I have gained 15 lbs + back. I have lost all my motivation. I enjoy working out in the mornings before I go to work, but here lately I am the one opening up the store. I dont want to workout when I get off work since Im tired then. I guess I am going to have to push myself more and try harder. Guys and gals, I need to get my motivation back. HELP! :-)

Replies

• EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    I know what you mean. I need to get back my motivation too. It's just so hard. I still want to lose weight but I don't have my drive anymore. I hope we will get it back soon. I wish you luck and if you want we can encourage each other.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    it happens! thats why we're here =) i sent you a request, feel free to add me! im always up for new friends and more support!
  • annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    :-) Thanks. Feel free to add me.

Ive got to get back on the wagon. Countdown time is getting close. Im getting married in Oct, and I want to lose atleast 50 lbs by then. My goal is to lose 70 lbs total.

What do you guys do to stay motivated?
  • trailblazer888
    trailblazer888 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try to remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. I also found taking pictures of your progress helps a lot.
    I know hitting the gym after a long day of work can be dreadful, but force yourself to go chances are you won't regret it. Especially once you've done it for a few days and realize that you have lost weight. Add me if you like Im always up for sharing advice and more support :)
    Best of Luck.
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's ok, it happens. The same thing happened to me but I gained much more than 15 lbs back and felt awful about myself. I just re-started on Friday and I have lost 2 lbs already. It may not be much yet but I feel so much more in control of my own destiny. It's difficult but it's really about making that commitment to change and focusing everyday on working toward that. One thing that has helped me (since I am addicted to my phone) was to remove the family picture from my wallpaper and replace it with a picture of me at the weight I was happiest. This way, whenever I am on my phone (which is constant throughout the day) I am reminded of why I am doing this. This place is also a big help as well.

Feel free to add me...you CAN do this!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We all need support!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    completely know where you are coming from. I had lost 44 lbs then gained a few back last month. So disheartening and it's winter so all I want it comfort food!
    I have now turned to soup!
    I also realised I hadn't even been on the success story forum in ages. So... I absorbed myself on there for a few hours today and yesterday and well, I got back on it yesterday. We'll see how it goes. Everyday is a new chance to start again! I also adjusted my settings a while back to hide my diary and stopped logging. I've had to change all that back. It's what suits the individual. I need to take accountability and be present on here I think.
    So here we go again!!!
  • caitmac14
    Options
    You can do it! Even if you are tired just put on your gym clothes and go. The hardest part is getting there but once you are there you will be fine :) Or tell yourself ok as long as I do 10 mins or cardio...(or whatever you like to do at the gym) and then after the 10 mins have gone by you will likely want to keep going since you are already there!