zumba wii ?

Options
i know im getting the first zumba wii for christmas. i was just wondering how is it? Does it tell you how many calories you burn? someone tell me their experience with it ! xx

Replies

• olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear about that as well. I love Zumba and I am seriously considering to buy a Wii console!
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it. No it doesn't tell you how many calories you burn, HRM is the best to get an accurate count. I'm kinda competative so I really like because I strive hard to keep the person the screen green which means your following them right. I do find sometimes that because your moving so quickly sometimes it doesn't keep up. But i really enjoy mine it's my weekend routine. Hope you enjoy yours.
  • lmoore9107
    lmoore9107 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. I asked for it to :)
  • mmbutler2004
    mmbutler2004 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i have Zumba for the x box kinect and the wii... i love them... i use the x box more cause u dont need the controller but i do it every day... its alot of fun. it has beginner level and expert. They came out with a second one and i have heard it is better than the first... i am asking for that one for x mas...
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it! I too like that it's more interactive then the DVDs. Keeping the instructor green let's me know if I'm not keeping up or not doing the steps right. I love being able to zumba at home and not having to worry about class schedules!
  • laurnenicole
    Options
    Target has them on sale. It's $149 for the Mario Kart bundle! I just got one!
  • Murlin54
    Murlin54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a new exercise video for Christmas and Wii Zumba 2 sounds like one I would really enjoy. I just read a reviewer on Amazon that said the belt wouldn't fit his girlfriend and that you had to be a size 9 or less for the belt to fit. Is that true? I am about a size 14 at the moment and it would be very disappointing to get it and find the belt is too small.

Also, I read that you are supposed to wear it around your hips for accurate readings, so I guess that is where the size might be a problem if it is too small.

Answered my own question using google and a blogger says it is 50" long, so that should work for me. The blogger also mentions you can use an extender, something that works with velcro. Thanks to the original poster here. I didn't even know they had Zumba for Wii and I've been wanting to try Zumba but I work out at home, mostly due to $$. Thanks TinywithaBIGh
  • Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a new exercise video for Christmas and Wii Zumba 2 sounds like one I would really enjoy. I just read a reviewer on Amazon that said the belt wouldn't fit his girlfriend and that you had to be a size 9 or less for the belt to fit. Is that true? I am about a size 14 at the moment and it would be very disappointing to get it and find the belt is too small.

Also, I read that you are supposed to wear it around your hips for accurate readings, so I guess that is where the size might be a problem if it is too small.

Answered my own question using google and a blogger says it is 50" long, so that should work for me. The blogger also mentions you can use an extender, something that works with velcro. Thanks to the original poster here. I didn't even know they had Zumba for Wii and I've been wanting to try Zumba but I work out at home, mostly due to $$. Thanks TinywithaBIGh

I have played the zumba wii before and it is definitely fun. At the time I was about a size 10/12/14 depending on the day. It might fit you it might not im not sure depends on where you hold your weight. it fit me. I know it didnt fit my friend who was a size 20/22?
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii and I love it. It does tell you how many calories you burn but I'm not sure how accurate it is. I am getting a HRM for Christmas so I'm curious to see what the calorie burned difference is.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 20 and the belt fits me fine...not even wearing it at the biggest setting! Mine is the first one though.
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for wii. I love it -- and do it almost every day. There are a number of options: you can do individual songs or short (20 min), mid-length (40 min), or long (60 minute) workout classes. The songs and the classes have varying intensities as well: low, med, and high. There are a few dances that are a little more difficult to "get," however after a little time, you can anticipate the moves.

When you set up your player, it will ask for a weight, etc. I think that this helps track your calories burned. I generally do a mid-high intensity class for 40-60 minutes a day, generally burning 300-600+ calories. It can be addictive. I find myself doing extras just because I enjoy it. I often find myself sweating within 5 minutes.
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    OK so I just ordered my zumba 2 for wii and Im so excited..... cant wait to start it... Ive been wanting to do zumba but just cant get myself to go to a gym so I figured this is the next best thing...
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba (first one) and never had a problem with the belt...and I started out around a size 22.

Like another said, I like that the Wii tells you when you are hitting the right positions, and you work towards adding more dancers. What I don't like is that you either get a 20 minute or a 45 minute workout. Some days I just want 30 lol.