Stepping Up My Game

Options
newDZ
newDZ Posts: 237 Member
Stepping Up My Game
Most ball players whether they are amateurs or pros at some point use the phrase "steppin' up my game".

I first logged-on this site back in January. Between January and February I lost maybe 7-9lbs. February to mid-March I gained it back plus the dutiful few extra lbs. Which put me at a whooping 290lbs. I can't believe I said it out loud. I avoided this site at all cost.

Then came mid-March, one of my dearest friends who's like a life coach to me came to visit from NYC. She herself had lost 15lbs. The last time she was here (back in July 08) we went shopping for dresses for her trip to Greece. As I did my normal thing (I'm the friend that helps you try out new outfits --- I 'm the one who runs back and forth to get new things while you're in the dressing room)... but I digress. As I watched her come out of the dressing room in this stunning deep blue goddess dress I had a vision. I dared to see myself trying on clothes.

The following months were made up of ups & downs as far as dieting was concerned. But the vision stayed in my head.

I started working this weight loss regiman from the inside out. I focused on my emotional health. I "cleaned house" figuratively and literally. I made a conscience effort to bring my A-game, 'to step-up my game.'

The clean house approach made me feel lighter. I got rid of a lot of stuff around me. Things that had some type of emotional hold on me. As I felt lighter in my environment. I wanted to be lighter in my body.

In the past I only concentrated on losing weight. But never really did. Hell we ALL know "how to lose weight"; most of us I dare say have phDs in dieting.

Since mid-March til today I have said adios to 37lbs. I'm excited about my life! Not just my weight loss but MY LIFE. Did you catch that MY LIFE!

Replies

• newDZ
    Options
    Stepping Up My Game
    Most ball players whether they are amateurs or pros at some point use the phrase "steppin' up my game".

I first logged-on this site back in January. Between January and February I lost maybe 7-9lbs. February to mid-March I gained it back plus the dutiful few extra lbs. Which put me at a whooping 290lbs. I can't believe I said it out loud. I avoided this site at all cost.

Then came mid-March, one of my dearest friends who's like a life coach to me came to visit from NYC. She herself had lost 15lbs. The last time she was here (back in July 08) we went shopping for dresses for her trip to Greece. As I did my normal thing (I'm the friend that helps you try out new outfits --- I 'm the one who runs back and forth to get new things while you're in the dressing room)... but I digress. As I watched her come out of the dressing room in this stunning deep blue goddess dress I had a vision. I dared to see myself trying on clothes.

The following months were made up of ups & downs as far as dieting was concerned. But the vision stayed in my head.

I started working this weight loss regiman from the inside out. I focused on my emotional health. I "cleaned house" figuratively and literally. I made a conscience effort to bring my A-game, 'to step-up my game.'

The clean house approach made me feel lighter. I got rid of a lot of stuff around me. Things that had some type of emotional hold on me. As I felt lighter in my environment. I wanted to be lighter in my body.

In the past I only concentrated on losing weight. But never really did. Hell we ALL know "how to lose weight"; most of us I dare say have phDs in dieting.

Since mid-March til today I have said adios to 37lbs. I'm excited about my life! Not just my weight loss but MY LIFE. Did you catch that MY LIFE!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: That's beautiful! Congratulations!!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is very well-put. Welcome back! Congrats on taking charge and being excited about your life. Everyone deserves that. Best of luck on your progress.
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    Congratulations OH WOW! but i have to ask, how did you lose 37 lbs in one and half mths?!! can u share with usss? THANKSSSSS and keep it up
  • mulewhipper
    Options
    Great story. Sounds like your in control now!!
    Keep up the great work and stay 100% dedicated...before you know it, you will be fitting into that Blue Dress:love:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    good for you!! you're right that so much of this is mental--so congratulations on keeping that goal at the forefront of your mind--and working hard to reach it! :flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

Everyone needs their "blue dress" and I'm glad you found yours! :smile:
  • newDZ
    Options
    I'm bigger that most people on this site so when you have more to lose it then to go quicker at first. I'm just happy it's going I'm not going to question why.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    37 lbs is 37lbs no matter what size you are! You've already done a lot to make your body healthier!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    very well stated. Congratulations on your weight loss - keep up the good work
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is great - welcome to YOUR LIFE!! Enjoy it to the max!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome. :drinker:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So inspirational! Keep that image in your head and keep forging ahead! Very proud of you! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!