Finals are coming up...

Options
And you know what that means...

Prolonged hours of sitting on my butt all day and lack of exercise since my mom tells me it takes 'too much time' to drive to the gym and back, and it's a precious 1h30mins of studying time that I would waste on a treadmill and elliptical.
I have an elliptical at home and I try to go on that for 40 minutes 3 times a week to keep myself active, because too little activity makes me feel like a lazy bum... but I'm not sure that's enough because all I do is perspire a little.
And then I have this weird habit of not being able to study without having something to chew on. Usually I just go with plain old gum, or some grapes ... but sometimes the fridge just keeps yelling your name y'know?

Any tips and tricks for this hectic finals season coming up? What do you do?

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have finals starting tomorrow, but I'm not really a great example because I don't study a lot or stress over them usually. I would just try to get more time in on the elliptical when you can't get to the gym! good luck!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! And I know sometimes I get burned out on studying and homework, then it's gym time. Usually at night when my brain is too tired for critical thinking but physically I still have something left.
  • anrose
    anrose Posts: 11
    Options
    Finals are so stressful, I'm going through them now too! If you want to snack more throughout the day, maybe try eating smaller meals and use the calories on snacks instead. I like nuts and fruit, and I've been drinking a lot of water, tea and coffee. I've still been working out first thing in the morning so I have the rest of the day to focus on studying. Good luck!!
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    To be perfectly honest when I'm in a studying crunch, all my dietary concerns fly out the window :ohwell: Eating is pretty much how I get through difficult study sessions.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm going into my finals for my first semester in grad school. What has worked for me has been getting up super early (3:45am) and running, it helps because I have no excuse, plus it helps me think a lot about papers and other assignments. Its a good time to plan and rehash what you've read while zoning out on the treadmill. I don't have time to go to the gym and lift, but I'm at least getting in at least 2 miles running every morning.
  • helloeunice
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! :)

I definitely stocked up on delicious teas so I can feel satisfied and full without going over my calorie limit :)
    And I'm trying to tell myself that my breaks, which usually consist of me watching YouTube videos or lounging on the couch should be used to exercise.

I only wish I had the motivation and strength to go workout so early in the morning theshow4jsu :( Props to you big time!