To tic or to tac...

Options
Daily net calorie goal: 1,400
+ calories burned: 0
- calories consumed: 1,398
Calories remaining: 2
~~~~~

So, I'm thinking of buying some tic tacs so I can have the 2 calories I'm owed!!!!

How close do you get to your "goal"?

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~

So, I'm thinking of buying some tic tacs so I can have the 2 calories I'm owed!!!!

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I try to leave up to 100 calories so I have a buffer in case I miscalculated something.

(But each Hershey's kiss has about 22 calories for those days that I want to get as close to zero as possible.)
  • salamander_35
    Options
    ~~~~~

I have only been following the plan for 1 week, but I think keeping as close as you can is the right thing to do. I hope week two gets a little easier with adjusting to these lower calories!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Becky you are so funny!!!

I say go for a tac............doesn't sound like a disgusting bug that way!! :tongue:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    :laugh: Sounds like something I would do!

Right now I have 469 calories left for the day and I have no idea what I want to do with them. Tomorrow is my weigh in so I might just have an orange and a salad or something. My goal is set for like 1,690 calories right now, though! I find it difficult to eat that much when I need to go to the grocery store because that generally means I'm out of healthy, handy snacks and I snack much less throughout the day. Some days I'm in the negatives (I try to keep it to no more than 100 in the red) but most days I have at least half my exercise calories left. Today I was just too busy to eat all the time.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    ~~~~~

I have only been following the plan for 1 week, but I think keeping as close as you can is the right thing to do. I hope week two gets a little easier with adjusting to these lower calories!

I was reading a study that talks about how your body adjusts to changes in caloric intake and your insulin levels. The conclusion is that it takes 2-3 weeks. I'm going into week four and I notice a big difference. I ate right up to the last calorie in my first two weeks and that was with lowfat/diet everything. I find myself able to eat full fat/regular things now and still manage my calories well.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    if you only eat one, you will still have one for a snack before bed:happy:
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    I just play it by ear....sometimes (at night!!), I am hungry...or just want a snack, so I go for it. Other nights, I fall asleep with plenty of cals left over....I think it all kind of balances out, as long as you don't get carried away! <And log EVERYTHING!!> ~If I eat something and then feel bad about it, I just cut back a 100 calories for a few days...and maybe be a little more active. I've even saved up calories for a special dinner that I didn't want to have to feel guilty over! But now, after seven months, it has became soooo much easier to control myself, and believe me, I a AM a foodie!! I do not deny myself if it is something I really want...I just eat less of it, or better, hike off a few hundred calories prior!
    PS...I march to the beat of my own diet drummer, and do what works for ME! Great success to everyone!!:drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    if you only eat one, you will still have one for a snack before bed:happy:

Good idea, Jeannie!!!:drinker:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I often face such a troubling dilemma and usually will donate the calorie to my
    tomorrow fund where it waits till I am ready

then when the extra calories add up to 3000 I have a big bowl of banana nut cheerios

its fun

ticky tacky

but fun
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I save my extra calories till the next day then punish myself with more exercise for the terrible sin of it all., But I get to add the banana to the Fage and berries for breakfast, instead of no banana. Yippee!
  • Losing_It
    Options

then when the extra calories add up to 3000 I have a big bowl of banana nut cheerios

its fun

ticky tacky

but fun

Alright, BRAT! BNC are NOT 3000 calories..the whole box isn't even close!:laugh: You may as well surrender....you know you want them!:glasses:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    I save my extra calories till the next day then punish myself with more exercise for the terrible sin of it all., But I get to add the banana to the Fage and berries for breakfast, instead of no banana. Yippee!

Maybe I'll carry my 2 cals over until tomorrow and add 2 extra cheerio's to my breakfast!:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LICK THE CAKE, BECKY! You just KNOW you wanna. :glasses:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

its fun

ticky tacky

but fun

Alright, BRAT! BNC are NOT 3000 calories..the whole box isn't even close!:laugh: You may as well surrender....you know you want them!:glasses:

3000 per bowl with your eyes closed...

DEAL
  • Losing_It
    Options

3000 per bowl with your eyes closed...

DEAL

"You gotta know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em...know when to walk away..know when to run"

That song pops in my head EVERY TIME you say DEAL!!!:laugh: