SAHM 11/1-11/30

Options
Welcome!! We are a fabulous group of Stay at Home Moms that support each other through our weightloss and the most important job....being a mom! We welcome all newcomers, join in any time, we would love to get to know you! :flowerforyou:

Since the summer months had us slowed down, we have been doing Monthly threads instead of the weekly.

Previous thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357682-sahm-10-1-10-31

Replies

• bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies! Last month was sssssllllloooowwwwww.....we only had 2 pages and like 26 post. It's great to see new and old faces. I know the big holidays are coming and I'm sure we will be slowing down even more.

I know too last month I said I would be rocking it, and I fell off the wagon. But I'm hoping I'm back, I feel like I'm back and I am ready to rock n' roll this month.. Last month my husband and I joined a bowling league and we go every other Sunday, so last month we bowled on Oct 2, 16, and 30th. Its been great just to be the 2 of us, kid free, even though its only 3 hours, its great! We are in this league until April, so this should help the both of us. Also last month, on the 15th, I did the Breast Cancer awareness walk (3.2 miles) and then that same day, my friend and family went walking more through 4 corn mazes, so needless to say that weekend we did TONS of walking. Then the weekend after, we walked 2 zoos, one in Fort Wayne and one here in town....and then it was Halloween.

For anyone you who may be interested, I did start a Christmas challenge, and even though we've been in it for a while now, you are still more than welcome to join. I'll post the thread and the document address.

Thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357476-christmas-challenge-2011-chit-chat

Spreadsheet (this is where we are posting our weigh-ins): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AikR9MNTIhNGdE8zeUMybGRCTHdrcFdfT1pBUkpwMHc&hl=en_US
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hello Barb-It has indeed been slow and I stopped checking in as often since things were busy here. I have been maintaining since June and have gone up no more than 3 lbs. and am focusing on taking them back off, 1 down 2 more to go. I think I will try to get below 125 just to have some cushion for the holidays.

Holly
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Holly - I am currently thinking exactly the same re: getting a 'cushion' for the holidays. I hit target 6 weeks ago today and have now successfully maintained in that period - I'm actually 1 pound lighter :bigsmile: I think I'd like to shave another 3/4 pounds off before Christmas if I possibly can then I'd have a 4/5 lb buffer. I'm hoping not to go too nuts but I do want to indulge a bit, have a nice roast etc.

Barb - the bowling league sounds great, wish DH and I could have quality time together minus the kids but with no family nearby that simply ain't gonna happen!! My hildcare bill when I return to work is enough to make anyone's eyes water as it is.

Sopeaking of which, I was in work yesterday! First time in 361 days :laugh: It was a 'keeping in touch' day which is this UK thing where you can work up to 10 days and be paid, but remain on Maternity Leave. I'm doing another one in early Dec for a team meeting, but I have to say the end of my SAHM era is really drawing in now, I'm returning on Tues 3 Jan 2012 - :noway: Oh ETA being in work was fab in that I was 5 stone heavier last time most of them saw me (err, very nearly 60 lbs!!) so I got lots of "you're TINY" comments :bigsmile:
  • Melatonin
    Melatonin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear everyone is maintaining their goal or working hard.

Shoppie - I bet you're nervous to get back to work. I work at home so there are days I wish I could get out of the house for work and other days where I'm glad I'm at home.

I've kind of fallen off the wagon for personal health reasons. I go to the doc to get everything straightened out tomorrow and to say the least I'm nervous. I have been sticking to working out and had to change my calorie goal as well. For the most part all is well. Just a little side-tracked and very busy with my crochet orders. Seems like that is going to pick up as well.

Hope everyone has a good day/week.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread Barb!

Holly-Nice to see you! Congrats on maintaining!

Shoppie-It's nice to have some positive reinforcement!

Mel-Sending you lots of good thoughts for tomorrow.

I've been off the wagon and I really don't know what to do to get my oomph back. Breaking my routine this spring/summer was not good, and now I just feel tired. I know once I start I'll have more energy, but it's the getting going part that's not happening. I think I need to start going to bed earlier and drinking more water to start. And tracking my calories!! Volleyball is going well, but it's only once a week. I've done BFBM twice in the last two weeks. :noway:
  • shoppie
    Options
    melatonin - I really hope you are ok, pm me if you'd like to chat off thread xx

Nicole - I have thought long and hard about the 'secret ingredient' of weight loss, I don't know what it is but its like a little switch in your head that without it just won't work. I think we all know how to lose weight, but the reality of actually doing it is a completely different thing. Being honest, its one of the reasons I'm frightened of taking days off or slacking in any way, I get scared that if I stop I won't be able to get going again and it will all sneak on. I think the best advice I can give is what I say to myself now when I don't want to work out/ want to eat more than I can/ should: its quite a stark choice really - do it/ don't eat it - or be fat. If I were hapy fat that would be fine, I don't honestly think anyone else. including DH, much cares about my size, BUT I DO.
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Thanks Shoppie. I do know what I need to do. I've felt bone tired since we returned from England, but jetlag is definitely over now. I just really need to start going to bed before midnight so I can be refreshed when the kids wake up at 6am. I agree. My DH doesn't really care how big or small I am, but I do. Not to be skinny, but to feel healthy (not tired!!) and be able to keep up running with the 2.5yo DS.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello ladies! Just thought I would drop by and check in! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine wasn't too bad. Saturday I went to a friend's house and got a free two door refrigerator, still in good shape and works (got it for free!), then took my daughter to grandma's where she ended up staying the night and then hubby and I watched a movie. Then today, sold some baby things we aren't going to need no more to a local consignment shop and what wasn't bought was taken to Goodwill. Then picked up our daughter, and then had our mini holiday photo session, which went fabulous! Now, we're home, kids are in bed, and hubby and I are going to go watch another movie.

Have a great night!
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Hey ladies. Just wanted to update that so far so good. Doc visit went fine. Had to go again last week, but nothing was really determined and have to go back in 2 weeks. Gotta love doctors.

For now I just need to make sure I get to bed at a decent hour like 10pm not 11. I hadn't worked out much or logged much the past few days but I woke up feeling a bit rested and was able to go to the gym and do 7.39 miles on the bike in 36 minutes. I was pretty happy with that. My little man turns 1 yr old on the 18th, and I just can't believe how fast time has gone by.

Hope all you ladies are well!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

Checking in again. Hope everyone is having a great week. So far this week, I haven't gotten as much as I was hoping to accomplish, but on a good note, I did finally make it out to the gym, but I think the only reason I made it out today, is I needed to blow some steam.

Melatonin-I know what you mean. My lil one will be 2 in 5 1/2 months, oh how time flies!

Well, off to check on a few more things, then bed. Have a good night, everyone!

:heart:
  • Melatonin
    Options
    Another Doctor appointment on Friday. Hoping for some good news out of this appointment.

Hope all you ladies are doing well!
  • shoppie
    Options
    Good luck on Fri Melatonin :flowerforyou: I also know what you mean about time flying, my baby girl is 9 monmths old now, she was 4 weeks when I rejoined MFP!! :noway:

Barb - well done on getting to the gym!

Nicole - I hope you didn't take what I said as a nag :flowerforyou: It certainly wasn;t meant that way. TBh, I think all of us know what we 'should' be doing, but actually doing it is waaaaaaay harder!

I've been really busy with my family recently, trying to make the most of the rest of my time off. We went to thomas Land (as in Thomas the Tank engine) and also Legoland on diferent weekends. Yesterday was insanely mild for this time of year so we made the most of it and went to a big park with a petting zoo.

fitness wise I finish JM's 6 week 6 pack tomorrow and will be interested to see if there is a measurement change. I haven't been trynig to lose weight, so we shall see. When I'm one with 6w6p am going to start a zumba challenge - there is a number of DVDs which I think will suit me better as tbh I am absolutely sick of this workout!! I've been having a bit of an existential crisis and still feeling fat despite quite clearly not being, I think having done a thread the key is ditching my old clothes so I am going to have to be brave and do it!!
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Nicole - I hope you didn't take what I said as a nag :flowerforyou: It certainly wasn;t meant that way. TBh, I think all of us know what we 'should' be doing, but actually doing it is waaaaaaay harder!
    Not at all. I just re-read what i wrote because I thought, "Huh?" Sorry my post sounded snippy-it certainly wasn't intended that way. I just meant that I know it, but it's the mental obstacle I'm having a hard time getting over right now. I think gaining weight back has derailed me and I'm trying to get over that hump. :)

Melatonin-Good luck on Friday!

Barb-You're doing fabulously!!! Way to go!

Shoppie-How long is 6w6p? I put NMTZ on my Christmas wishlist, along with the new DVD that comes out Dec. 6th.

Like I mentioned above, I'm still struggling. I have resolved to workout each morning before I turn the computer on. If I don't do that then I get sucked into the internet and well, don't exercise. So this morning I did JM Ripped in 30 to change things up a bit. Tomorrow I will do BFBM and continue to alternate them. Tomorrow is also volleyball night and that's a big burn. I wish volleyball was 3 times a week! LOL! I hope everyone else is doing well.
  • shoppie
    Options
    Nicole - 6w6p has 2 levels, you do each level for 3 weeks - I don't know as Ripped hasn't been released in the UK yet (think its this month actually) but I believe its similar to ripped in that way. Its 30 mins actual workout, not much over 35 including warm-up and cool down. My personal opinion was that level 1 felt a bit 'messy' very up and down off the floor, but I thought it was a good burn at 260 ish in the half hour. That was till I did level 2 and burnt 340 the first time in just 30 mins!! :noway: I am honestly sick of doing it day in day out (I will never again do a challenge that is one workout, its just not for me!!), but I still get a great burn of 280 from it using 8lb weights.

It is really, really hard to get back on track when you have been derailed. I got the hump massively after our holiday in France where DH and I ate the same, he stayed the same weight and I gained 7 lbs in TEN DAYS!! I'm still peeved tbh... :grumble: :laugh:
  • PNCTink
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that. Ripped has four levels, so you only do each one for a week. I have yet to reach level two! LOL! It just isn't a favorite of mine, but I'll continue to switch it up between that and BFBM and see where I end up at the end of January.

I have volleyball tonight, so that'll burn a fair few calories (roughly 1000), and I did 28 minutes of BFBM before I was interrupted this morning. I waited until too late to start it. I was really sore this morning from my first day of Ripped yesterday. We also went to a shopping center yesterday evening and I did lots of walking. We went in to check out tablets and walked out with an iPad2. Whooops!! Oh well, we don't splurge very often. The kids love it and so do I. Now DH can come on the laptop again. :laugh:

ETA: Don't you hate when the men don't gain?! My grandmother went on a diet a few years ago and my grandfather lost about a stone while my poor grandmother only dropped about 5lbs. Where did you visit in France? My SIL and I were speaking about taking a trip to Paris with DD in a few years since none of the men want to go. :)
  • shoppie
    Options
    Nicole - yes it is really annoying that men gain less, I know they are supposed to be allowed to eat more but humph anyway! We usually holiday in the south of France, last year we went to Carelles, which is near Le Mans so more to the north end of the Loire. Previously we have been to St Cyr sur mer and Port Grimaud, both on the south coast. Definitely go to Paris if youb haven't been I love Paris :heart:

Ripped sounds good to me actually id you only do one week at each level, why didn't you like it?
  • PNCTink
    Options
    orry, I've been using the app on the iPad because DH has the laptop for work, and I can't access the message boards on it. We definitely will!

I didn't like it because it hurt my knees too much. That's all. :)
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Opps, guess we're all behind, will post December's thread.....yikes! :blushing:
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Made things easier and created a group :)

Group Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1240-sahm
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    hi there ladies I would love to join u!
    Denise