Ruining my day, starting in the morning.

Options
2»

Replies

• FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try drinking before you eat breakfast - either water or herbal tea. I used to wake up starving all the time, then I started drinking a huge glass of water in the morning. Turns out I was just thirsty, and I can eat a normal breakfast.
  • EllieLou357
    EllieLou357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try to keep things on hand that are small and healthy. I like to keep carrots, almonds, protein bars, and things like that, that I can grab every couple hours to fill myself. Also drink a lot of water. Never starve yourself you will binge later in the day. Also allow yourself a treat every now and again. Whenever I hit a certain weight I am wanting I will treat myself to Mr. Goodcents. :)
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Try drinking before you eat breakfast -

I tried this... my last employer frowned on it :drinker:
  • ShannTron
    Options
    I do the following:

Breakfast: Whole grain cereal 1 cup measured and 1/2 cup non fat milk <---only 150 calories ad very filling (high fiber is thr key to feeling full)

Lunch: Progresso light soup and a piece of double fiber bread <
    250 calories and very filling

Dinner I keep calories 400 and below, usually it is betwwen 200 and 300 calories. I steam vegtables, and top with 1/4 cup low fat cheese.....or 3/4 cup rice with low sodium black beans, corn, low fat cheese, and corn tortillas <----350 calorie meal.

Snack are VEGGIES!!! these contain VERY little calories and are very filling.

look at skinny cow desserts since they will only be 110 calories for an ice cream sandwich....yummy

other snacks ( I snack alot ) are a piece of high fiber bread and 1 tbs peanut butter (you gotta get yummy good fat in there) or special K crackers (you get 27 for 110 calories!!!!) Special K just came out with sour cream and onion chip crackers that are delish.

if you stick to veggies, high fiber, prep your foods you can totally do it. Also get out and move your body! When I exercise and keep myself busy I am less likely to get depressed or feel deprived.

I am new at this too, but my calories are limited to 1220 for the day and it is doable...and I dont feel hungry.

keep up the good work and you can friend me if you wanna!

Shannon~
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    What Sidesteal said. I eat a very small breakfast and dinner but very heavy lunch. Seems to help for me! Good luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    breakfast - oatmeal, coffee or tea
    mid morning - greek yogurt
    lunch - turkey or tuna on whole wheat, piece of fruit
    mid-afternoon - string cheese, carrots sticks, coffee or tea

This should leave plenty of wiggle room for a tasty dinner!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can get a lot of volume thats filling and taste good with an omelette loaded with veggies. Try 3 egg whites (sometimes I blend in 1/2 a yolk) your favorite veggies - spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers are good, a sprinkle of low fat or fat free feta or cheddar & top with a tomato slice. If you must have meat add a strip of turkey bacon.
  • Theresa0577
    Options
    eggs and fruit always keep me full.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don't skip it but definitely try to go lower calories. :)

Oatmeal
    Scrambled eggs (1 egg and 3 egg whites) with toast
    Protein Powder/bar
    vanilla yogurt with grapenuts
    fruit.

I tend to realize that Cereal is not an option for me it doesn't keep me satisfied and I too wind up eating more throughout the day
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I find the more protein I have at breakfast, the fuller I am throughout the day. I too wake up hungry. I've been eating greek yogurt, fruit, and a soft boiled egg every morning for breakfast and it (usually) keeps me full until lunch time. (Unless I eat breakfast at 5am, which does happen a couple days per week.) I know oatmeal is supposed to keep you fuller longer, but for some reason that doesn't work on me! It needs to be protein or else I'll feel hungry again an hour later. For lunch I usually have a turkey sandwich and then an afternoon snack consisting of fruit and a piece of cheese or peanut butter, or some carrots with hummus. That usually leaves me with a good chunk of calories for dinner.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Eat the calories back. You'll never be hungry as long as you're able to keep moving.

Sore to the point where you think someone dipped your muscles in hydrochloric acid while you slept, sure, but never hungry! :laugh:
  • flowerpower381
    flowerpower381 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have started making smoothies with greek yogurt, banana, strawberries, and milk for breakfast. It helps me stay full in the morning. I need to eat breakfast because if I don't I end up with headaches and binge the rest of the day.
  • emily2tx
    Options
    You may want to add a large glass or two of water in the morning. It may be that you are dehydrated. Also, I eat cherrios with a fruit for breakfast. Low on calories with skim milk and very filling!!!!!!!!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to eat breakfast, so I drink 2 glasses of water first then try to get in a good spread of carb/pro/fat so I feel full longer.

Today I did 2 glasses of water then 2 apple cinnamon rice cakes with almond butter and a protein shake made with skim milk. I EAT A LOT, and that lasted me through lunchtime when I ate 2 servings of almonds. I have a lot of calories left today, but if I didn't I'd put in workout to get more to eat back. Almonds are a good way to "get through" without burning all of your calories up. I could live on cinnamon roast and butter toffee flavors.

I'm all about food- I never go hungry.

Hope this is helpful...
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My calorie "budget" is 1520. I also "borrow" from other days.
  • LeCitron
    Options
    Veggies! I have school very early in the mornings so the night before I make my breakfast like so:

1 cup chopped broccoli.
    1 cup chopped carrots.
    1 cup raw spinach.
    1/4th cup kidney or gabanzo beans

Boil all of that together and then top it off with two scrambled eggs. It's so good, so filling, and is only about 250 calories! I know that eating vegetables in the morning is a little weird but I have come to love it. I feel that if I start my day with veggies and protein I feel much better throughout the day than if I have grains.

And there are so many different types of vegetables that you'll never get bored! This morning I had butternut squash instead of carrots (and it was sooooo good!)

But yeah; that's my advice. I wish you luck in your journey!
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    There has certainly been a wide variety of opinions for you to choose from.
    Some things to take into consideration- breakfast may be a choice, but you do want to be careful about balancing your diet, exercise, sleep, etc so that you don't experience any hypoglycemic symptoms. I am not always a breakfast eater myself, and used to avidly say I didn't need it, but I did find eventually that I feel better over the course of time if I eat breakfast regularly.

I personally divide my day up into calories allowed per meal. I plan for three 400 calorie meals over the day. This keeps me from overeating at one meal and not having calories left for dinner. If you tend to be a snacker, you can also plan for smaller meals and adding in snacks.

You may find that initially you will still be hungry after breakfast if this is smaller than usual, but your body will adjust- and really, most of us trying to lose weight tend to find themselves hungry anyway! :)

I certainly advocate for protein, carb, etc balance as well, but think that something different works for everyone!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I wake up starving as well..try chugging some cold water right away, then wait a little bit before you eat. That has helped me start off with smaller meals.