My first 5K!!!

Options
So one of my friends in class started running several months ago and dropped a bunch of weight. He told me he was thinking about running a 5K and I told him he should do it!!! He then sent me the link and when seeing that the 5K wasn't for 3 months a light bulb went off in my head. I've been running a little bit (like 2 minutes at a time, then walking 2 min at a time for 30-45 minutes) and I could TOTALLY do this.

So, I'm signing up for my first 5K!!! Wish me luck! In the past running terrified me b/c I suffered from several serious running injuries while I was in the Army 6 years ago. I'm still a little anxious but I have faith in myself.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    So one of my friends in class started running several months ago and dropped a bunch of weight. He told me he was thinking about running a 5K and I told him he should do it!!! He then sent me the link and when seeing that the 5K wasn't for 3 months a light bulb went off in my head. I've been running a little bit (like 2 minutes at a time, then walking 2 min at a time for 30-45 minutes) and I could TOTALLY do this.

So, I'm signing up for my first 5K!!! Wish me luck! In the past running terrified me b/c I suffered from several serious running injuries while I was in the Army 6 years ago. I'm still a little anxious but I have faith in myself.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Brave woman, good luck! Let us know how it goes!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    keep us posted!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Good luck!!! I did my first one last October, SO much fun! I'm still improving too, it was the best thing I ever did for myself. :drinker:
  • jvansingel
    jvansingel Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! Do you still have the link? I'd love to check it out. I would like to get into race running.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Sure :) btw, the 5K is located in Columbus Ohio. But I'm sure you can use the link to search for 5Ks in your area. The second link is a general 3 month training program for a 5K.

http://www.ultrafit-usa.com/pigrun_09.html

http://running.about.com/od/5kplans/ss/5k3months_2.htm
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful. Best of luck. I signed up for one on June 10th. I am nervous as well but I am sure both of us will do great! :)