i'm new and ready to get healthy :)

Options
hi i'm sara :). i'm new to this. my mom told me about this because she knows how upset i am about my weight. i recovered from anorexia and since then i have gained almost 50 pounds! 20 of it is unnecessary though and i was told that it is okay to lose it. since getting help i have lost all of my self control and that is how i gained weight so quickly. i have eaten up to 6,000 calories in one day i it kills me knowing that i can't stop. now i am trying to lose weight the healthy way without hurting my body.

i'm also looking for new friends so anyone can feel free to add me and we can support each other :).

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    oh wow baby girl, thats a lot to deal with! ive been anemic, which isnt the same but is an eating disorder so i understand. im athena and you can add me if you wish! i'll be there for you, if u need! hugs
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! MFP rocks, this is a great place. :) Congratulations on your recovery, I know you can have a healthier relationship with food because you've already started trying with MFP. Be safe as you know, take care of yourself - and welcome!! :)
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic place to get motivated! I am just trying to lose a few pounds and tone up, so I'd be happy to be your friend!! Feel free to add me!
  • myownbeauty100
    Options
    Hey sweetie. I know how hard it is to get over that. I was anorexic aswell for about a year and a half... I have gained roughly 25 lbs since and feel like I'm losing the battle against food. If you ever need to talk I am here.
  • redsdrift
    redsdrift Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WIsh you luck you can do it . I have and i like to eat when i am sad when i am mad even in a train on a plane . Self control i still put ever thing on this site keep me posted . Good luck
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Good luck with your goals!! And congratulations on your recovery. I have been through something a little similar where I developed highly unsafe eating habits and then after a year or so began bingeing out of control! gained about 14 kgs.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need extra support :)
  • sara338
    Options
    thanks :) good luck on your weightloss goals everyone! this website seems amazing for support and i'm here to support anyone. and i'm sorry to hear about the others who have/are dealing with eating disorders. there's defiantly hope out there though! i'm here to talk to anyone who needs it... :)