QUESTION!

Options
Hi All,

So yesterday I went out for dinner for a friend's birthday and went totally overboard... i had a total of 2000 calories yesterday. I feel reeeaally bad about it and I want to make up for it because I really really want to make goal this week (-1.2). It's my first week, I'd hate to start off on the wrong foot (even though I kind already did yesterday ). Should I be eating under target today to make up for it? Or working out and not eating the excess carbs for working out? Does it balance out like that, or does your metabolism immediately slow down for not eating enough and have an adverse effect?

Replies

• jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi All,

So yesterday I went out for dinner for a friend's birthday and went totally overboard... i had a total of 2000 calories yesterday. I feel reeeaally bad about it and I want to make up for it because I really really want to make goal this week (-1.2). It's my first week, I'd hate to start off on the wrong foot (even though I kind already did yesterday ). Should I be eating under target today to make up for it? Or working out and not eating the excess carbs for working out? Does it balance out like that, or does your metabolism immediately slow down for not eating enough and have an adverse effect?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Don't undereat....you should always eat your goal calories even if you have gone over. I wouldn't worry about it TOO much. One day of a few calories over isn't what made you gain weight. If I were you, I would just eat normally today and maybe try to sneak in an extra workout before you weigh.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If I go big one day I don't really try to make up for it. I start everyday as a fresh start. Dwelling on what bad things you did yesterday won't help you today. Sure you can exercise a litte more but I would keep your food the same. Good luck
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Tamim and bigdane are very right.

Just write it off as a mistake and get back into your routine and you will meet your goals -- maybe later than you wanted but you'll get there and you will have done it safely while learning a valuable lesson.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yep. I agree with everyone else. To gain a pound, you must overeat by 500 calories for 7 days. It was one day. So, start afresh and count your calories. If you are true to your count, you will probably still have a loss this week. GL. :flowerforyou:
  • jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks all!!!
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    DEFINITLY EAT TODAY. THE FOOD WILL KEEP YOUR METABOLISM GOING. (AND YOU CAN BURN SOME OF THAT YESTERDAY FOOD) IF YOU STARVE YOUR BODY WILL HOLD ON TO IT FOR SURE. ID SAY EAT ALL THE CALORIES YOUR BODY NEEDS AND TRY TO BURN AT LEAST 500 WORKING OUT.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday - a hot fudge sundae included. Feeling remorse today :sad: , but what can I do but not do the same thing today? :ohwell: See you on the stairmaster!