HELP!

Options
In order to celebrate my grandmothers birthday, my mom and I are taking my grandmother out to dinner. My mother picked the restaurant, and of course she picked something quite unhealthy! Can someone help me find something healthy to eat here?!

http://caferoutier.com/

Any suggestions would be SO HELPFUL thanks :)

Replies

• hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Do you like any of the small plates?
  • hbart500
    Options
    They have a grilled chicken option under the small plate...looks like a good dinner. Just ask for steamed veggies as a side and drink some lemon water with it :)
  • Tvstarbabe
    Options
    I thought that looked alright too!
  • SHDenver
    SHDenver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I say call the restaurant beforehand and ask what options you have to remove some of the fat/fried/butter/whatever you're trying to avoid from one of the plates you like. I've found success by getting a salad, removing some of the more unhealthy stuff, adding grilled chicken and using red wine vinegar as dressing. (I've kept the cheese in, a little won't kill.)

I think if you call ahead you'll be able to reference that conversation when you sit down to order, which will make it easier. Also then you won't have to worry about looking through the menu and feeling pressured.

I don't think I'm fancy enough to translate what their menu says in to individual ingredients. Looks like they'll sneak in some without your knowledge. Have fun!
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    You could just eat half and take half home for the next day.
    There are several good salads listed for starters as well as the muscles.
    And the chicken is a good option, just don't eat the skin.

This is a special occasion, this is a good chance to practice will power and think of how good you will feel for making the right choices.

And if you make the wrong choices, record it and move on.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome, and probably none of it is particularly healthy. :P You're actually not too far from me, I might have to check this place out. :) I say control your portions but enjoy it. Maybe get an entree but skip the appetizer/dessert; it's all about priorities. If it's more important to you to get a higher calorie meal then skip the alcohol/soda. If you need your wine to enjoy your meal then choose a lower cal entree. Seafood tends to be lower cal than other meats, unless it's fried or in cream sauce. Good luck and happy choosing :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Looks like the kind of place that takes requests--
    Just ask the waitperson for what s/he recommends that is low fat and low calorie--and see what you get!
  • hbart500
    Options
    what did you end up eating?
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Just have them prepare a grilled chicken breast with steamed veggies or something. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the menu. Most places will prepare something for you, special.

Sorry. Just realized this was posted a few days ago.