Best workout for last 10 lbs?

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering what types of workouts people had the most success with for losing the last 10 lbs. I'm currently doing a regime that looks something like this:

20 min treadmill
20 min circuit training
20 min stair master

However, I still don't feel like my body is being challenged as much as it could be. I have used this regime in the past (about a year ago), so I don't know if my body is still accustomed to it. Other than increasing intensity, does anyone have any advice on how to make the best of a short workout? :smile:

Replies

• cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    Try a cardio class like zumba or kickboxing :) It def seemed to help me lose the last 5lbs.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel challenged, go heavier on the weights with the circuit training, and either faster or more resistance/incline on the treadmill and stairmaster.

Edit: Also, make sure your goal is for a half pound a week, and higher protein than the default of 15%. Eat the calories burned from exercise. The leaner you are, the less calorie deficit you can handle.
  • morgandy
    Options
    Great, thanks for the tips! I've been wanting to try a Zumba class forever, so maybe that's good incentive to just bite the bullet and do it. I'll try increasing my weights too.
  • morgandy
    Options
    Gotcha! My protein is pretty minimal, even without the added 15%. Plus, I've just been following the 1 lb a week MFP set up for me. Will give that a try. As for workout calories, I've never had any problems eating those! ;)
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    insnaity is a good workout